2011 Indiana Predator Challenge - Indiana Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Indiana Predator Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 IPC

IPC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

The Indiana Predator Challenge, an NPHA Sanctioned event, will open registration on July 15th. The Sixth Annual IPC hunt will be held February 4th, 5th & 6th in Southern Indiana.

In conjunction with the opening of registration we'll be hosting a "Kickoff Cookout" where folks can come meet other contestants and event organizers. Several teams will also use this weekend to scout out spots on the local public properties they'll be hunting during February's contest. Registration paperwork will be available on-site Saturday July 17th from 6-10pm. Last year over 2/3rds of the limited field was booked at this event.

The IPC is an event that draws teams from all over the United States and this Mid-July campout is now doing the same thing! We're expecting hunters (and their families) from Mississippi, West Virginia and Alabama to attend the summer rendezvous this year. There is an endless supply of family oriented tourists attractions in the area combined with access to massive public lands for hiking, fishing and more. For those driving, use Corydon, Indiana as your mapquest point. Those traveling by air should look for tickets into Louisville International Airport.

We'll be shooting some clays and stretching out some rifles throughout the weekend so bring your toys along. All NPHA members and/or those interested in participating in the Indiana Predator Challenge are invited to attend. Since this event will be held on private property, and Saturday's meal is a pitch-in, attendance is by RSVP only. Directions and schedules will be given to those that inquire by emailing [email protected] or using the contact form on www.IndianaPredatorChallenge.com

PS: There is no charge to attend this event and limited amounts of free lodging is available!

Thanks; Jason

6th Annual Indiana Predator Challenge
www.IndianaPredatorChallenge.com
February 4th, 5th & 6th 2011

#2 IPC

IPC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Well we had a great time at the Kickoff Cookout. About 30 folks were in attendance from all over the country and several teams got registered for February's hunt.
Here are a few pictures from Saturday evening... it was a very busy & enjoyable weekend for sure!
A bunch of shooting...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A little time on the water....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 IPC

IPC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

A BUNCH of great Food...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some fabulous company...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A big thanks goes out to all the members that attended and the volunteers that help make this one possible! I don't have a group photo or a list of all the helpers, but everyone's effort was greatly appreciated! Now we'll just keep looking forward to February's hunt!!!

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

The gentleman standing looks as though he has "a little captain in him". lol

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#5 El Gato Loco

El Gato Loco

Major Contributor

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3469 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Looks like the guys had a good time, and a nice feast too! Thanks for sharing the photos, Jason!

Offering fully-guided, no-frills aoudad hunts in far southwest Texas on the border of Mexico. Please check out www.huntaoudad.com or see us on Facebook at Facebook.com/huntaoudad

Also.... be sure to enter our giveaway for a free aoudad hunt. Only 2 days left!!

#6 Bigdrowdy1

Bigdrowdy1

The King of Sausage!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2351 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

YD did you see the BACON wrapped japs? Looks like a good time. Chris when we gonna pool our foods and have a Predator Talk Convention?

#7 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:20 AM

I did see those Bigd, I had to get a napkin to catch the drool. There is a mess of good looking grub there. I have a few jap plants in the garden, I hope they produce well. I know Hassell grows peppers also, What kind Rick ?

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#8 On a call

On a call

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5413 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

The gentleman standing looks as though he has "a little captain in him". lol

Yes he does...lol I thought the same thing !

Looks like a gathering of good ol Red necks !! Good food, Good company, Good fishing, Good shooting ( I am guessing ), and....good times are ahead.

#9 IPC

IPC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, that poser is one of our local Southern Indiana rednecks! LOL! He's the president of the county beef producers association and he had been cooking and drinking alllllll day! Anytime he sees a camera he strikes that pose. Always a good one to have around for laughs and grub.

We had some generous local companies and individuals that donated the corn, taters, pork, beef, ice and more. One of the members from Mississippi hauled in 125 pounds of fresh crawfish for the boil also, we ended up with enough food for 200 people! Everytime we host one of these gatherings we have a great time and meet some new friends.

On a side note, we are now one week into the registration period for the 2011 Indiana Predator Challenge and over 50% of the field is locked down. If anyone is interested in participating in this great 6th annual event they should check out www.IndianaPredatorChallenge.com now!

Thanks; Jason

#10 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12090 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:07 AM

I did see those Bigd, I had to get a napkin to catch the drool. There is a mess of good looking grub there. I have a few jap plants in the garden, I hope they produce well. I know Hassell grows peppers also, What kind Rick ?

Sorry YD-- first time I've noticed, don't get up early enough!!
Pretty well have grown everything thats out there, this year any thing from sweet bells,JalapeƱos ( sweet & hot ), Serrano, cayenne, to the ghost pepper which is now the hottest in the world, close to 400 plants.

#11 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

The ghost pepper ? I haven't heard of that one, does it make you go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !! ? or just vaporize you on the spot ?

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#12 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12090 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

The ghost pepper ? I haven't heard of that one, does it make you go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !! ? or just vaporize you on the spot ?

She puts out 1,000,000 Scoville Heat Units, it was on the net and the TV. 3 or 4 weeks ago, the Indian army are using it now for crowd control and working on using it in grenades, some restaurant I think in one of the south states was on TV that if you could eat those peppers in a hamburger and finish it, the last part I missed so don't know what you won, nobody's made it past 2 bites!!! Its actual name is Bhut Jolokia.

#13 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

You probably don't have to pay for the trip to the ER the next day when your bhut is burning up.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#14 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12090 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

You probably don't have to pay for the trip to the ER the next day when your bhut is burning up.

You only get 8 seeds in a pkg. and I have 8 plants, they're 8 in. high now, some peppers are forming, hopefully I'll get some, though we're 3 wks. behind on our growing this yr. Maybe bring it in the house this winter, won't have to cut so much wood!!!!

#15 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

You'll be cutting cheese though. LOL

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#16 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12090 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

You'll be cutting cheese though. LOL

Definitely inflamed!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users