yote hunting in ohio - Ohio Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

yote hunting in ohio

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 madarcher427

madarcher427

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

does any body do any yote hunting in ohio? I am just wondering in case i have to move there .Do you have to use shotgun there ?

#2 TexAgBQ81

TexAgBQ81

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

please don't quote me exactly on this--------negative on the shotgun for varmints except during deer hunting season. wife has relatives there and we go groundhog hunting every few years near Galion. deer have to be harvested with bows, shotgun, or muzzleloader. PS crows have a season there, i believe it is year long except for about 2-4 weeks at the start of the summer. you can also go here for exact info Ohio Hunting Regulations

#3 deacon

deacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

well madarcher427 I live in Ohio there is a growing population of coyotes however competition for them is high and space is tite rifles are aloud for hunting them night or day except during deer season then shotgun only good country just not enough room in most areas to reach out alot of people as well but there are areas where long distance is a must most guys I know use 22-250 , 308 , 223 ,243 hope this helps its not much different one good thing no closed season on yotes

#4 dogstuffer

dogstuffer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

i've live in ohio and just started to get serious about coyote hunting around here. you can use shotgun or rifle,except durning deer season shotgun only and you must use slugs only and have a deer permit. and day hunts only durning the week of deer shotgun.hunting & trapping is allowed all year for them.

#5 Catfish

Catfish

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

If you call killing 3 or 4 a year hunting them. I kill most of mine just watching corn fields as they are being shelled. The other few I have taken have been targets of opertunity, seen them when sitting watching fields or driveing by fields that I could shoot in. Have tried calling them, but have yet to kill one that way.

#6 On a call

On a call

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5413 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hey MA...I live in Toledo and also near Detroit.

If you ever want to head out just let me know. I have locations in both MI and OH.

Feel free to PM me.

#7 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

If you call killing 3 or 4 a year hunting them. I kill most of mine just watching corn fields as they are being shelled. The other few I have taken have been targets of opertunity, seen them when sitting watching fields or driveing by fields that I could shoot in. Have tried calling them, but have yet to kill one that way.

Welcome to the forum Catfish. Where abouts are you in Ohio?

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#8 bigg_buckhunter

bigg_buckhunter

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

Plenty of yotes in southern Ohio. Hardest part for me is getting multiple stand sites within one area of the county. Kind of a pain to drive back and forth across the county to hunt different spots all over. I try to gain permission of multiple property owners around one large area that accounts for one hunt then combine a different part of the county for another hunt. The yotes in my area are very hard to hunt for the lack of alot of open space also. We have alot of small fields surrounded by woods. Great for deer but makes it hard for yotes. But it does make it fun and challenging, afterall isn't that what hunting is supposed to be, a challenge.
MOLON LABE!! (come and take them!)

#9 billyshounds

billyshounds

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

The guys I know that get them either put on a drive or run them with dogs and gps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users