Northern lower Michigan yotes need advice on calling - Michigan Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Northern lower Michigan yotes need advice on calling

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 On a call

On a call

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5413 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

Hi...I am having very limited success on calling yotes in. We hunt areas that see no pressure and have good numbers of yotes. We hear them mornings and evenings no singles but groups. We see tracks all over, fresh in snow. We cammo up and sneak in. Use a fox pro fx-3 and a jack in the box. Hunting mornings, day, evening and nights. Call into the wind if there is a wind....often this year was calm and nice. I have maybe one in about seven successfull callings or....less :). We will call for up to 30 mins but when they do come in...it is often in ten or less minutes.

HELP..

Brian

#2 mjllag

mjllag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Try to mix things up. Maybe you are calling to much or to loud. Watch the wind and plan your approach to your calling area. I don't know the averages where you hunt, but in Indiana 1 coyote every 7 stands is not to bad.

#3 On a call

On a call

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5413 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Yep...tried mixing it up...but thinking that may be more for call shy yotes. We most always start off light and easy working up to ....can you hear me now !!!! I just once...would love to see a yote come running in and grab my jack in the box...Back in the old days 30 years ago a friend who is now gone told me one time he had a 2 gray fox run over his back while turning on his tape player...not sure if that would be so fun with yotes but hey bring em on...lol.

#4 mjllag

mjllag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

I had a bobcat last spring pounce on a hen turkey decoy about 10 yds away. That was pretty cool. I have never let a coyote get much closer than 20 yds. If it's in range I'm shooting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users