Salem area hunting - Oregon Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Salem area hunting

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 chuck richards

chuck richards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

Looking for someone to hunt with in the Salem area. Fairly new to predator hunting. Just need a partner to go out with and increase my experience levels.

OTAC USN RET.
American Bladesmith Society Journeyman Smith

http://acrichardscustomknives.com

• Validating
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hey Chuck;
My name is Rob. I live in Douglas county, in the town of Winston. I hunt the Southern region of Oregon, less people. A lot more "cats" and "yotes" down in this area. I have lived in Oregon my entire life. Eastern Oregon is the place to go for some great Coyote hunting. It does help to know a rancher in the eastern part of the state. Coos, Curry, Josephine, and Jackson counties are where you want to go for Cougars and bobcats. Later!
Rob

#3 prkrgrp

prkrgrp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

looking for partner to hunt cougar either east or west side oregon live in portland will travel .

#4 Butcher45

Butcher45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

I live in Corvallis, and am always looking for new predator-calling partners.

#5 prkrgrp

prkrgrp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hey Chuck;
My name is Rob. I live in Douglas county, in the town of Winston. I hunt the Southern region of Oregon, less people. A lot more "cats" and "yotes" down in this area. I have lived in Oregon my entire life. Eastern Oregon is the place to go for some great Coyote hunting. It does help to know a rancher in the eastern part of the state. Coos, Curry, Josephine, and Jackson counties are where you want to go for Cougars and bobcats. Later!
Rob

chuck i sent pm look for it and reply asap
Ernie

#6 chuck richards

chuck richards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Have not received a PM as of yet. You can email me at chuck at woodchuckforge dot com. Been really busy working and not had much time to get out and about. Have not even been to the range lately. I do have a cougar tag and I need to update my furtakers license. Now I just need to make the time.

OTAC USN RET.
American Bladesmith Society Journeyman Smith

http://acrichardscustomknives.com

#7 Butcher45

Butcher45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

I'm in Corvallis. Going to start scouting for bobcat here pretty soon.

#8 prkrgrp

prkrgrp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

email me at [email protected]

#9 CoyoteCaller93

CoyoteCaller93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

I'm in Pendleton, how are the Bobcat populations on the west side of the state? Coyote populations are looking good for the fall and winter.

#10 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23004 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Welcome to the forum CoyoteCaller 93, I apologize for the late welcome.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#11 On a call

On a call

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5413 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

I ditto Youngdon comment.

knock em silly guys.

let us flat landers know how you do.

#12 Mattuk

Mattuk

Wildlife Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6908 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

Welcome CoyoteCaller93.

National Diploma in Game, Deer, Fishery & Wildlife Management
                                                                                   National Deer Stalking Certificate and other land-based industries.

#13 CoyoteCaller93

CoyoteCaller93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

Thank you to the friendly folks on here. I am getting an itchy finger awaiting the season to begin! I better get prepared!

#14 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23004 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Yep... No time like the present.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#15 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23004 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

It came loaded with sounds didn't it ?

Varmintals.com has sounds.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#16 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23004 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I think we have a few right here in the downloads forum (check the top of the home page for downloads and click)

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#17 BobcatHunt

BobcatHunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hi my name's Jeremy I'm new to this bobcat hunting and I'm gonna get my furtakers license in a few weeks here and was wondering some good bobcat hunting spot near Portland like around Upper Deschutes, Metolius, Santiam, Mt.Hood or closer to Portland but some please respond to this cause I really have no idea where to start and if you guys could tell me so i could mark some spot on my hunting maps I'd really appreciate the help thanks so much  -BobcatHunt

"Without Little Risk Comes No Reward"

#18 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23004 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Welcome to the forum Bobcathunt.

If they don't respond to you check the bobcat hunting forum for descriptions of hunting areas. You are likely to find them in most areas where there is a food (rabbits,deer and such) supply.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#19 chopayne

chopayne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Anyone hunt with coyotecaller?  I dont live in Oregon right now but my parents live in La Grande.  Thinking about going back to visit or settle down in Oregon one day.

#20 JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I just started coyote hunting and I'm always looking for good spots (the places i've tryed aren't so hot) and good people to hunt with. If you have any advice for coyotes in Oregon (spots or tactics) please let me know. Im pretty new so any advice helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users