Got my last truck!! - The Member's Cabin - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Got my last truck!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:59 PM

I pulled the trigger on a new truck.  A 2021 Chevy 2500 HD with a diesel in it.   My old one is 19 years old and has 161000 miles on  it and It was a little under powered for pulling the boat so I bought a new one.  The new ones are set up for towing more and have a much higher horse power and tourque.  The fuel economy is much higher and I have been getting 20 mpg on the highway.  It is now even borke in yet!!  Here is a picture of it and this one is more loaded and than the first one and was only $22000.00 more than the old one.

Attached Files

#2 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

Beautiful truck

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

#3 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12140 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:26 PM

Would be nice to have a new truck though I did buy a new wheeled string trimmer.

#4 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6464 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:44 AM

$22000.00 more than the old one.  Yow!

Glad you like it.  How's the diesel for cold starts in your cold country?

#5 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:29 AM

I am making preperations for the cold weather and they come with eletric engine heaters that use house current.  The old one has a stand alone heater mane by Espar the uses diesel with a 12 volt eletrical side to cirulate the anti-freeze around to preheat the engine. I may either get a Honda generator or to us the 110 volt heaters or put in another Espar.  both will work well.  It uses glow plugs as well as a heater grid on the air intake to heat it in not so cold temps.

$22000 seems lake a lot more but it is only a little over 1000 a year increase in price and the new one has a lot more decked out than the old one.  It is 7.5 inches higher off the ground than the old one is also.

I was looking to order one up but, the one I wanted was not going to be made until the 2022 ones started production this fall and the price will be higher and the have end of year rebates now.  Sooner is better than later in this case.

#6 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23211 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:32 AM

Congratulations Barry !

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#7 kiyote

kiyote

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 3466 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:58 AM

nice truck ! congrats!

I 've thought about getting another truck but I had already  to give my left nut on the last one and I am still partial to the right one. 

if you build your life upon a firm foundation , 

the storms of life won't blow it down!

#8 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:44 PM

Just sold my old 2002 2500 HD for $14500.00.

Attached Files

#9 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:45 PM

Just sold my old 2002 2500 HD for $14500.00.

Attached Files

#10 murphyranch

murphyranch

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:55 PM

Congratulations. Might as well go out there to your truck and hit it in the fender with a big hammer. That way you get the first dent out of the way and you save yourself the embarrassment of acting like a fool if it had happened in front of women and children. I know this from experience.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users