Crow Active - Varmint & Small Game Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Crow Active

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6428 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 03:13 PM

Finally got my Browning shotgun back from the factory with a new camo finish.  Just in time before crow season.  Ah, but it's so pretty now and I'm going to sell or trade it, so I'll keep it new looking.

Instead, grabbed an early 70s Remington model 1100 in 20 gauge that I had Williams Gun Sight modify by cutting 7 inches off the barrel and installing choke tubes.  Sweet gun!  Took one shot for patterning and did well at 35 yards.  Bullwinkle used his new 20 gauge O/U with 3-inch, 1 1/4-ounce loads of 7 1/2s.  

He popped one and I dropped 2.  One was a very long prayer shot that hit the ground hard, but didn't die there.  Another fell into wet-ground tall grass about knee high.  Decided to get the dog.

Went back to Bullwinkle's house to get his hound to locate the 2 not found.  Came back only to find 16 turkeys in the field, so we never went looking.

The 20s were fun!

#2 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12114 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:02 PM

Ha !! Sounds like a fun day, thanks for the report.

#3 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3690 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:40 PM

You know we want to see that camo job Glen--- I like the 20's too.

Attached Files

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23171 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 06:15 PM

You all aren’t the only 20ga fans. I have a browning Citori that I was lucky enough to snag from a grandpa at a gun show that had promised his tag along young grandson a pistol. I was lucky because I happened to overhear the grandson whine to grandpa how inexpensive the pistol was. $460 was the magic number. I offered $485. That was 20 some years ago( I still have the receipt) ((somewhere)) and I’ve killed at least that many quail with it. Fixed chokes IC, and Mod. 26” barrels.Attached File  2F47D599-0E9A-4BEA-8565-FADA292145C8.jpeg   197.84KB   2 downloadsAttached File  F04C787F-20D1-4D20-A57C-551219AA3090.jpeg   234.35KB   2 downloads
It’s not fancy but it’s light enough to carry all weekend long.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#5 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 06:24 PM

I have an old stevens side by side that is 47+  years old in 20 guage and have not shot it in many years that I have held onto for that very reason.

#6 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6428 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 03:11 AM

I'll take some pics and put them on here later.

Cool stuff, men.  When crow hunting, it's OK to blast 'em to bits and that's why I like the 12s.  Hardly ever carry the Remy but it sure is slick and quick.  Starting to like it, once again.

#7 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6428 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 09:21 AM

The Browning with the new factory finish and the old Remington 1100.

Attached Files

#8 pokeyjeeper

pokeyjeeper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 10:39 AM

Good stuff there I need to take out a few crows around here maybe I’ll get the old eastern arms single shot 16 out for the task I have a 12 also but have not pattern it and I know the 16 is a killer

FLATLANDER'S CUSTOM GAME CALLS

​the working man's game call

#9 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6428 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 02:29 AM

Only two weeks left this season, Pokey.  Crow in distress brought them in 5 different times from one hideout in less than one hour.  Missed plenty.

#10 fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar

equal opportunity critter killer

• Members
  • 3320 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:39 PM

I prefer the bmag for crows but it can be hard to get them to land.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users