Video thermal hog hunting kill shot highlights pulsar trail XQ38 - Hog Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Video thermal hog hunting kill shot highlights pulsar trail XQ38

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Theblakester

Theblakester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:28 AM

Hey guys, it’s been a while. Hunting took a backseat the past year or two, and making videos and being an active member on the forums came to a complete halt. But hopefully, moving forward I’ll be back at it, and y’all will be seein more of me on here. Anyways, i finally got around to makin this video. It’s a bunch of kill shots from the view of my Pulsar Trail XQ38. Happy New Years! https://youtu.be/7JBYS1ecUis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12023 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 05:08 AM

Awesome, great shooting.

#3 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23092 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:32 AM

That’s a mess of hogs. 👍🏻

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#4 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6343 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:35 AM

So, that's where all the ammo went.

#5 Theblakester

Theblakester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:37 PM

So, that's where all the ammo went.

that’s awesome! Yeah we’ve made a rule to be a lot more conservative with our shooting choices.

#6 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6343 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:51 AM

I'm pretty much the same at flailing away when the first shot is taken at a crow.  Doesn't do well for shooting percentages, however.  It's always an eye opener when it's all over:  shells everywhere and a handful of black bombers.  And, that's mostly from the hail Marys.

Franz has perfected the art of marksmanship better than anyone alive:  Franz-Albrecht Oettingen-Spielberg Wild Boar hunting - Bing video

Obviously, not night hunting, but with a quality Aimpoint red dot sight and his custom rifles, he shows that it can be done with proper practice.  To hunt the wild boars in Europe, individuals must qualify on a range with fast moving targets.  The average hunter - or even a better-than-average hunter/shooter - doesn't practice with moving targets and typically doesn't know where they are missing.  Hard to improve that way.

When his father asked young Franz if he could hit a distant target, he responded by saying he thought he could.  But, his father said either you can or you can't.  With those thoughts in mind, he became a world-class shooter.  Most of his shots are directly behind the head and the only follow-up shots are taken because the boar didn't show any sign of stopping after it was already dead.  Yes, he is that good.  Something to aspire to.  And, working that bolt the way he does on that custom Sauer gun, takes familiarity from use.

Good luck, Blakester.

You can see him in action, because he's now featured each week on the Wild Boar Fever television show.  

#7 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 12023 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 05:37 AM

Amazing, a bit of practice has been done.

#8 Theblakester

Theblakester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:09 AM

Thanks, I’ll be sure to check him out.

FWIW, I’m not videoed as the shooter in those videos. Im standing next to the that view with a different thermal that isn’t as easy to record video with. I have learned a lot about how to lead properly by watching other successful thermal hunting videos.

My experience has been that with two or more shooters, hitting the runners is harder, bc right when you have a good lead down and are about to pull the trigger, the guy next to you fires one off and the pigs quickly shift directions and you either miss bc you’re already in the act of pressing the trigger or you have to readjust and you don’t get as many quality follow up shots before they’ve all bolted. I tend to have a higher hit percentage when hunting alone.

Also, those little football sized piglets are just plain and simple hard to hit on the run, at anything over 50 yards. They bounce around like ping pongs . The adults aren’t usually too difficult to get lead on target until they’re out past 100-150 yards.

Also, also, different environmental and geographical variables come into play. Either way, it’s a lot of fun, and overall pretty effective at helping to contain the overpopulation and destruction of them.

#9 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6343 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

I've had partners mess me up, too.  Communication is key.

Keep at it, because people appreciate it.

Do you smoke them?

#10 Theblakester

Theblakester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 06:31 PM

I keep my freezer full. Make lots of different things, from boudin, to stew, tacos, chili, marinated grills bbq etc

#11 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6343 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:19 AM

Sounds like you keep your belly full, as well.

#12 Theblakester

Theblakester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:53 AM

Sounds like you keep your belly full, as well.

lol too full. Gotta get back in shape.. and not the round kind of shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users