** Bend Over--- Again Folks ** - Colorado Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

** Bend Over--- Again Folks **

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3639 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:51 PM

Looks like the bunny boys are at it again. CDOW  is gonna chip a bit more out of the old pocket book--- get ready to bend over again.

The good old days of buy'in a Small Game permit to hunt Small game and Furbearers end this season.

This come'in year, you'll get to purchase a Small Game permit AND a new Furbearer Harvest Permit (pretty cool name yeh) if you wish to hunt SG and Furbearers.

But wait--- theres more--- its only gonna cost ya an extra ten bucks. I'll tell ya--- CDOW can dollar ya to death--- its only money right.

I asked one of the local bunny cops about it and as predicted, he started blow'in smoke up my butt on all the good it will do.

The conversation kinda ended when I told him--- "Don't piss down my back and tell me its rain'in".

:pawprint:

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#2 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 11863 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:46 AM

Ya they nickel and dime you to death here also, it never ends.

#3 kiyote

kiyote

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3082 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:07 AM

bummer. but I  would expect nothing less out of california east

if you build your life upon a firm foundation , 

the storms of life won't blow it down!

#4 Dang Dawg

Dang Dawg

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

Dang that sucks.

The kept doing that with our "Warm water" fish permit and our "state lands" permit.

‚Äč Finlay they grew some balls and added both to our fishing and hunting licences.

Now every one pays and they get more $$$ and it is only half the cost it was individually .

Currently we don't need anything for things like P dogs, squirrels,  rabbits, coyote, or skunks, no seasons either, 

Like the shooting ,Love the Hunting

#5 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6192 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 03:19 AM

Across the country, the same thing has happened, including Michigan.  Because hunting/trapping is declining at the rate of 2 percent each year, as the old guard quits participating, the ones still in the pool (us) must pick up the slack of the lost revenue.

In Michigan, we now have to purchase a "base license" before purchasing any other tags and it costs $11.  Interestingly, that same $11 covers small game hunting and that's $4 less than it's been for years.  However, when you add the cost of big game tags, which they themselves have gone up in cost too, the end result is more costly.

Get used to it, because the trend has yet to bottom out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users