Tightrope - The Member's Cabin - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Tightrope

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6051 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:58 AM

Finally got some rain after installing the rope rail on the bridge.  Sure shrunk in a hurry! 

Pic shows one length shrunk and tight and the other has already been adjusted after shrinking.  Dang hard  to get the "loose" knots apart.  Glad I saw it when I did and will keep an eye on things for a while.  It's supposed to shrink 10 percent and I believe it.

Attached Files

#2 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3589 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:26 AM

Yep--- looks like it got a bit on the tight side.

Wonder how much more it will shrink over the next couple of months. It may be worth the time to drop a small water pump in the creek and soak the rope real well. Might take all the slack out then when it dries.

:pawprint:

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#3 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 11764 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:30 AM

Looks awesome, I'd still need a safety line crossing the bridge.

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 22839 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:15 AM

It’ll get rained on again. Soon I bet!

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again..

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

RIP Chris Miller

#5 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6051 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:38 AM

There's a water pump inside my backpack sprayer.  Just add water.  Not a bad idea to accelerate the inevitable.

No safety line needed.  It's 3 feet wide and although there's some bounce to it, it's manageable easily.  There are some 800 screws holding the deck together.  Heck, nobody ever fell off the ladder "bridge."  Water isn't that deep now anyway.  You'd just end up being a stick in the mud, Rick.

You're right, YD.  A long way from any desert.

Great grandkids - 3 of them now - are coming over today and will stay until Monday.  Camping on the agenda tomorrow.  First time for the twin girlsa (age 5 1/2).  Landon (age 10) will show 'em around.  Haven't seen them in a long time 'cause of the virus.  Should be fun for grandpa, too.

#6 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 22839 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

[quote name="glenway" post="351059" timestamp="1593005928"]

You're right, YD.
[/

Can I quote this to my wife ?

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again..

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

RIP Chris Miller

#7 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 22839 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:47 AM

And I bet Grandpa will have the biggest smile of all of them !

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#8 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6051 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:13 AM

They're all sleeping now and a good time to take care of some business.  Should be home before they're wide awake.

Camp out tonight.  Took them out last evening and saw rabbits, deer and turkeys.  Big fun for city kids.

Bridge got a good test yesterday with the 3 youngsters and 2 adults bouncing around on it.  At least the kids were enjoying it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users