Bridge Update 6/16/20 - The Member's Cabin - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Bridge Update 6/16/20

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6040 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:13 PM

Finished the stairs today and added a rope rail.  Rope is intentionally long and loose, because it will shrink 10 percent after getting wet.

One mistake is that I used some tired used wood - the near left one.  It was an old piece of play equipment and it's warped and twisted.   Now, I'm going to pull it straight and add headers to each side.  Maybe a place for signs?

Still must add lots of screws through the deck to the underneath supports.  Maybe tomorrow moring before the heat moves in.

Still a few more things to add, but at least it's fully functional, as is.

Attached Files

#2 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3588 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Nice flowers, cant tell what they are in the pic. Are ya gonna put some suspenders to the rope rail--- might keep someone we know from hurt'in themselves when the wind is blow'in.lol.

:pawprint:

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#3 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6040 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:27 AM

Suspenders, huh?  Yeah, they'll get installed when the rope shrinks into position.  I also have plans for stringing some small diameter cable strands under the rope.

The wildflowers are wild flox.  Stands of it are all over and is quite striking in large groups.  Some white and some whatever that color is.

Far right in the pic with the stakes around it is a Larch tree - our only deciduous conifer variety.  Deer will rub the bark raw and kill the smaller ones, so I must fence them off.  The trees love the wet ground and I've planted a few along the water.  They grow fast and have the softest needles that drop in the fall and make the trees look dead.  As a matter of fact, I got some from the local Soil Conservation group at no charge, because people wouldn't buy them; they looked dead.  Since I knew what they were, the woman in charge gave them to me.  One of my favorite trees for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users