And were off - Part 3 . - Page 14 - Trapping & Fur Handling - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com - Page 14

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

And were off - Part 3 .

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#261 C2C

C2C

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:38 PM

Yup that's the sun's going down on the last day of the 2019-2020 snaring season for me.. been a challenging year but I had a lot of fun and learned a few things.. ended up the year with 52 coyotes 2 Fox 2 Coons and a whole bunch of memories..
Wasn't as rewarding as last year I did enjoy the time I spend the field. I'm planning for next year already and will try a few new strategies that I picked up from some fellows snare men here. The Eagles and the weather were my biggest challenges this year..the lack of snow and no cold for three-quarters of the Season really cut into my returns but it's not all about money or catch size I got in good shape , saw some nice mule deer bucks and learned a few things about coyote I didn't know before.
Next year I'm going to butcher scraps for bait I'm going to use my roadkill deer at a different location to try and keep the Eagles off my catches ,maybe it'll work maybe it won't but it's worth a try because they cost $600 worth of coyotes this year.. I will also place a pile a skinned coyote carcasses a fair distance from my baits on an attempt to attract the Eagles there , it's work well for a friend I have here.
The demise of NAFA this year also presented a challenge as to how the Market Heights I sold all but three to local buyers and made good money maybe I should have sent them to fur Harvesters after this first sale here in a month I will know what I should have done... right or wrong it's always easier to look in the rearview mirror and say what should I have done , would a, should a , could a , lol... I still have three hides that we'll go to fur Harvesters I will let you know how that turns out.
Next fall I can't start snaring any earlier than I did this year, December one will be my start up to date but I plan on doing a bunch of calling in areas that I'm not able to snare and pick up some of the coyotes at the deer hunters are shooting. I also will attempt to prebate my bait sites if I think the Bears are gone to sleep..
All my snares are pulled and put away, time to make plans for next year.
Thanks to all my friends on Predator talk that followed this thread and for your kind comments and encouraging words , it helped me through a lot of frustration.. like a True Farmer there's always next year... take care.b510e36a05c76cc8c1cd37cea5828fef.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

#262 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • 2186 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

We/I will be watching for your post and don't be a stranger in the mean time.

• C2C likes this

#263 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • 6009 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:43 AM

Thanks for the ride on a most challenging season.  Wishing you the best during calving season and looking forward to more adventures when the time comes.

• C2C likes this

#264 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 11747 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:57 AM

Very challenging to say the least but you stuck it out, can't wait till next season and thanks for the great posts and pic's you put on here. Great closing pic..

• C2C likes this

#265 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 22810 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:43 AM

The highs and lows of this season had us all on the edge of our keyboards pulling for you.
I’m looking forward to next year already! Thanks for the good reads.
  • C2C likes this

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again..

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

RIP Chris Miller

#266 C2C

C2C

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 2158 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:24 AM

Thanx guys , I had a goal of.making enough cash to buy a small boat to take the grandkids fishing and I.met that ...boat has been purchased and now I got a pile of work to do before the season opens and time is available..I'll still be around knapper, wont comment as much as I have in the past few months ,I've got a new quarry to catch ..lolf6d73ed7fd539d5c80a4c87cb07f9710.jpg

#267 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 11747 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

Looks like you might still have some busy time coming up, sure has been warm, just about done all the pruning, early this year.

• C2C likes this

#268 pokeyjeeper

pokeyjeeper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for taking us along cam from the looks of that last picture it looks like play time is over for awhile good luck stay safe
  • C2C likes this

FLATLANDER'S CUSTOM GAME CALLS

​the working man's game call

#269 C2C

C2C

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 2158 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

Thanx fellas ,yes playtime is over..I'll be back at em before you know it . In the meantime I may trail some.problem.beaver at the local golf course, that's about as close as I ever come to playing the game .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users