I hear Oregon offers a special temporary permit? - Oregon Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

I hear Oregon offers a special temporary permit?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ceedub

Ceedub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

I live in idaho right on the Oregon border and have heard tell that the state offers a short term varmit hunting permit to out of state hunters for pretty cheap, simular to a weekend fishing license. I can't find any info on it on their website and was wondering if any Oregon residents may know anything about this rumor I've heard. Or if any one else in a border state has any info? I ask because i just got permission to hunt 60,000 acres of private ground outside of Ironside OR!

Sometimes, getting out into the middle of nowhere, completely by yourself, is the only way to socialize with a better class of people.

#2 prairiewolf

prairiewolf

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7940 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

I wouldnt take hear say from anyone, call the wildlife agency in Oregon

EW  Game  Calls

Affordable Custom Calls

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/

Ed Weddle @ Facebook

#3 Ceedub

Ceedub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

Planning on calling Monday but figured since it was Saturday id see if anyone on here knew anything about it.

Sometimes, getting out into the middle of nowhere, completely by yourself, is the only way to socialize with a better class of people.

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23004 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

Let us know what you find out.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#5 Ceedub

Ceedub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

Ok, I just got off the phone with Oregon fish and game. If your hunting on private property (this only applies to private property ) you do not need any Oregon state licensing or permits, all you need is written and signed consent from the land owner. With a signed affidavit you then are hunting as an agent of the property and therefore are no longer under the jurisdiction of the state. Pretty cool eh?

#6 kiyote

kiyote

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3134 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

Wildlife Division Directory

4034 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE
Salem, OR 97302
Main ODFW phone: 503-947-6000
Wildlife Division Main Line: 503-947-6301
Email: [email protected]

good to know.

if you are hunting public land Oregon offers a short term license for birds but not coyote. you would need either a nonresfurbearers if trapping.
or if hunting a non res hunting license which runs $160.50 per year

if you build your life upon a firm foundation , 

the storms of life won't blow it down!

#7 Ceedub

Ceedub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

Wildlife Division Directory

4034 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE
Salem, OR 97302
Main ODFW phone: 503-947-6000
Wildlife Division Main Line: 503-947-6301
Email: [email protected]

good to know.

if you are hunting public land Oregon offers a short term license for birds but not coyote. you would need either a nonresfurbearers if trapping.
or if hunting a non res hunting license which runs $160.50 per year

Right, public property hunting still requires an nonresident hunting license but private property only requires a permission slip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users