Unsuccessful night outing - Fox Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Unsuccessful night outing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Xforce41

Xforce41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

Did a night hunt last night, didn't have anything come into the foxpro. Was very windy last night. I'm guessing that's the reason.

#2 Daamud

Daamud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

I don't know about where you live. But in Wisconsin, we can't use lights for searching, only at point of kill.

It makes for tricky night calling. And a total rush when the woods light up with coyotes howling or branches breaking behind you!

Good luck with your night hunt. And keep at it!

#3 Xforce41

Xforce41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

I don't know about where you live. But in Wisconsin, we can't use lights for searching, only at point of kill.

It makes for tricky night calling. And a total rush when the woods light up with coyotes howling or branches breaking behind you!

Good luck with your night hunt. And keep at it!

I'm in Pennsylvania, first night hunt in prob 12 years. Just getting back into the predator scene. It was so windy that we had deer bedded 50 yards behind us that never heard us set up.

#4 pokeyjeeper

pokeyjeeper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1596 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Sounds like the wind may have been your problem but also was your set in a spot where the coyotes are at you can't call what isn't there with deer beded 50 yds from you I would think the coyotes were not around very close but this is jmo good luck with your calling

FLATLANDER'S CUSTOM GAME CALLS

‚Äčthe working man's game call

#5 pokeyjeeper

pokeyjeeper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1596 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Sounds like the wind may have been your problem but also was your set in a spot where the coyotes are at you can't call what isn't there with deer beded 50 yds from you I would think the coyotes were not around very close but this is jmo good luck with your calling

FLATLANDER'S CUSTOM GAME CALLS

‚Äčthe working man's game call

#6 Xforce41

Xforce41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Don't think there are any coyotes in the general area, have tons of trail cam pics of multiple fox right where we were set up.

#7 Xforce41

Xforce41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

There are coyotes everywhere in PA believe it or not. We had them up at the Pagoda in Reading watching tourists many a times. Since you are from Doylestown area....I would try any of the local farms and some river bottom. They are there. If you call...they will come. Play your wind right. You will probably get more foxes than yotes.

No doubt on there being coyotes in pa, I just haven't seen any evidence of them on this property. I have pics of them on a few other places I hunt.

#8 2dayis

2dayis

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Baro pressure falling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users