Foxpro calls - Ohio Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Foxpro calls

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Outdoorsman62

Outdoorsman62

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

I hunt in southeastern Ohio and I am haveing trouble getting coyotes with the cottontail distress and lightning jack so what other sound should I try
Using Tapatalk

#2 fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar

equal opportunity critter killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3309 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Howls and pup distress.

Sent from somewhere in the space time continuum.

#3 bar-d

bar-d

Be vewy, vewy quiet!

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 2709 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

All of them.

:hunter:

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

You'll have a little more difficult time of it right now as the coyotes are paired up and ready to have pups. Twice the eyes and noses to bust you !

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#5 Dang Dawg

Dang Dawg

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Forget most of the "FOOD" calls. Every one with a caller is out educating coyotes with bad calling and bad shooting using rabbit calls, bird chirping, and distress stuff. Now there a waste of time if your hunting anything but OUBER privet land...

Challenge calls, howls ,barks and pup sounds are the way to go now. A good dog fight with a pup getting it's but kicked and a very little almost dead rabbit, will bring'm in arunning!!!

Like the shooting ,Love the Hunting

#6 Outdoorsman62

Outdoorsman62

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

Forget most of the "FOOD" calls. Every one with a caller is out educating coyotes with bad calling and bad shooting using rabbit calls, bird chirping, and distress stuff. Now there a waste of time if your hunting anything but OUBER privet land...
Challenge calls, howls ,barks and pup sounds are the way to go now. A good dog fight with a pup getting it's but kicked and a very little almost dead rabbit, will bring'm in arunning!!!

. Thanx I tried it an shot 3 nice females at one set I started out with pup distress with fem challenge calls with a lil dieing rabbit and hade one come runnin in and I busted her with a shot gun then had the other two come out a min later when I had my fox bang as kiyi
Using Tapatalk

#7 Dang Dawg

Dang Dawg

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

There you go !!!

You made my point.

Like the shooting ,Love the Hunting

#8 SWAMPBUCK10PT

SWAMPBUCK10PT

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3647 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Grats on you kills----now make sure you wright the sequence down--or you'll forget it down the road-and never get it the same again----------------sb---p.s. I stold your sequence LOL :biggrin: 

CALL'EM THEY'LL COME

#9 Goosesniper

Goosesniper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

If your able to bait them in your area. Bring out some kitchen slops and try the crow caller. You may get a bunch of crows hovering and that may attract the yotes to come in. Once they have visual on your motion decoy they will come in. It works for me.

Goose
Using Tapatalk

#10 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Welcome to the forum Goosesniper !

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#11 Goosesniper

Goosesniper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Welcome to the forum Goosesniper !

thanks. I'm from Ottawa, been hunting for 35 years. Enjoy turkey, deer, moose and coyote. Participate in waterfowl in the fall. Tan all my own pelts. Nothing goes to waste. Look forward to some great participation.
Using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users