Predator Hunting Forum banner

best scan light

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  DeereGuy 
#1 ·
I want to get a red led headlamp for scanning. Or maybe something else but need some opinions and suggestions.

What does everyone use or like?

Been using my gun mounted tlr which is a pain.

Thanks

#3 ·
I just bought a zoomable Wicked headlamp from AllPredatorCalls.com, a few months back. I like it.. I put a hood (2" of pvc) on it because it's aura is big at the wide to mid-range levels... Personal preference, though...

#5 ·
We use the VLR-1. $59 for the scanning light. We will be posting an in-depth video review on this product within the next two weeks. I have used this light for coyote hunting and it works very well. It has two modes - low and high intensity. Green LED gets out to 250+ yards and Red LED gets out to about 230 - 250 yards. You can see reflective eyes even farther. I really like these night lights and you can also directly mount them to scope with mount kit. The are very effective and are a great option when on a budget for night hunting. Red seems to work best for predators and coyotes in my experience.

Happy Night Hunting!

Brett

http://www.ProNightVision.com

#6 ·
I mounted a light to a camera tripod. It's my scan and shooting light. Also my shooting rest. I only need one light and its out in front of me so any spill is not on me. The quick detach camera mount lets me use the light for scanning on the way in. I carry the tripod ready to shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.