Oklahoma Hunter Introductions - Oklahoma Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Oklahoma Hunter Introductions

oklahoma introductions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jfarleyx

jfarleyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hello Oklahoma Predator Talk members! I want to start a thread for OK hunters to meet. Please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and where you like to hunt, and what are your hunting interests. I'll start...

My name is John and I live in Oklahoma City. I work for a local software company where I started as a programmer and now I lead a great team of product managers. I love shooting, hunting, and fishing. I work indoors all week, so I really love getting outdoors every chance I get.  I hunt mostly in western OK at our family's farm near Arapaho. I hunt deer, turkey, dove, quail, raccoons, and yotes. In the next couple years I hope to hunt my first elk, mule deer, and antelope (in Colorado and Wyoming). 

I look forward to meeting some Oklahoma predator talk members!

NRA Member, gun nut, avid outdoorsman, hunter, lucky husband, and proud new father!

One day, when you retire and look back over your life, you're not going to say "I should have worked more and hunted and fished less". So, get out there and enjoy the outdoors!

#2 sneakygroundbuzzard

sneakygroundbuzzard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

did you check out the main page towards the bottom

it has all the states listed 

it for just this sort of thing

im not fromOk.

but we are exactly alike

well except i know diddly about computers and i dont work indoors,im not in charge of anyone at work and my names not Jon

but other than the we are the same lol

i too love the outdoors,shooting,hunting,fishing(dont do very often though),and everything and everything related to the outdoors

plus i have many primitive hobbies and skills,like i can literally make fire from two sticks,turn rocks into sharp pointy things

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the constitution"

Thomas Jefferson

a person with a gun is a CITIZEN, a person without a gun is a SERVANT

guns only have two enemies,rust and politicians

when people get on your nerves,just smile,fart and walk away

a happy wife equals a happy life

when your life is in jeapordy, would you rather have a gun in your hands or a cop on the phone?

#3 jfarleyx

jfarleyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi sneakygroundbuzzard, it appears we do have a lot in common! LOL

I posted this in the "Oklahoma Predator Hunting" section of the site. Sadly, there are only 2 other threads in this entire section and they are old. Oklahome has good hunting, especially predator hunting. So, I would expect there to be several members from OK. We'll find out soon.

NRA Member, gun nut, avid outdoorsman, hunter, lucky husband, and proud new father!

One day, when you retire and look back over your life, you're not going to say "I should have worked more and hunted and fished less". So, get out there and enjoy the outdoors!

#4 Bigdrowdy1

Bigdrowdy1

The King of Sausage!!

• Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

jfarleyx I hunt Oklahoma quite a bit. i hunt south central primarily. I live and work in Texas but Oklahoma is my families home state. I got a lot of relatives in the OK city area. New Castle, Tuttle,  Moore area. Love the outdoors and all it offers. Looking forward to returning for good someday.

Big D Custom Calls

Making Memories One Call at a Time.

Better to have tried and failed than to have failed by not trying!!

Yesterday is gone and Tomorrow ain't here so what you doing Now?

#5 jfarleyx

jfarleyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for posting, Bigdrowdy1!

#6 Keatts

Keatts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I live in southern Okla on Lake Texoma. I love to hunt fish, well when I have time....

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="color:#ff0000;"><strong>  Can you skin Griz 

I exercise the 2nd Admendent, it my GOD given right!</strong></span></span><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="color:#ff0000;"><strong></strong></span></span></p><p> </p>

#7 stevec

stevec

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

My name is steve and I have a coyote addiction........

I live in Drumright Ok, about half way between OKC and Tulsa. Small town USA! I have hunted about everything in Oklahoma and a few things you have to travel for but now I hunt varmints and crows. Just getting into trapping, this will be my first season so I am pretty pumped.

I work for a gas gathering company as a welder and backhoe hand. Hobbies include(but not limited too) Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading and gunsmithing. I have shot benchrest, Fclass, sporting clays and skeet. love all of it! I build my own rifles including fclass rigs and benchrest rigs not to mention varmint rigs. Never met a gun I didn't like or a coyote I didnnt want to get a shot at!

Steve

#8 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • 7756 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

thanks Steve, good luck with this years seasons!

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

GOD BLESS AMERICA

#9 jfarleyx

jfarleyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hello Steve & Keatts, thanks for posting. It's great to see more fellow oklahoman's on the forum. I've been away from the forum for a couple months because my wife and I just had our first baby in July. Needless to say, I've been busy with that! :) 

I'm counting the days until bow season starts! planning to hunt this guy in western OK in a few weeks! 

2013-09-06162652.jpg

#10 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • 7756 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

that's a nice deer! good luck with your upcoming archery season.

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

GOD BLESS AMERICA

#11 jfarleyx

jfarleyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thanks 220swift! I've watched him all year and I'm excited to get a chance to hunt him. Plus, I'm ready for fall weather. Summers in OK are too dang hot!

#12 stevec

stevec

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Congrats on the new kiddo! Mine are 18 and 13, yesterday it seems they were 1 and5!

Steve

#13 jfarleyx

jfarleyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Thanks, Steve. People always say time flies by with kids. 

Good luck this season!

#14 shaneatkinson82

shaneatkinson82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

jfarleyx I hunt Oklahoma quite a bit. i hunt south central primarily. I live and work in Texas but Oklahoma is my families home state. I got a lot of relatives in the OK city area. New Castle, Tuttle,  Moore area. Love the outdoors and all it offers. Looking forward to returning for good someday.

Any of those relatives in Newcastle or Tuttle predator hunt? I live in Tuttle now. If your up this way and ever want to show me a thing or two let me know.  

#15 murphyranch

murphyranch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:41 AM

I'm Chris, everyone just calls me Murph. Live on our families original Osage Allotment land in northwestern Osage county. My brother and I run a cow calf and yearling operation on about 10,000 acres. My wife, 2 daughters and I hunt everything Oklahoma has to offer. We also shoot sporting clays and fish every chance we get. We work hard and play hard. Our main focus on the wildlife and the land is to leave it better than it was when we inherited it for the next generation. Hopefully we as parents do our job and our kids keep improving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users