Just wandering how my fellow Mi hunters are doing - Michigan Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Just wandering how my fellow Mi hunters are doing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cheez

Cheez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I just added up all the sets my dad and I did this winter and so far we are up to 42. This being our 2nd real winter of hunting for predators I had hopping we might have gotten little better at it but we have only called 3 coyotes (a double and a single) into sight and only got a shot and took 2 of them. Last year we shot 3 yotes but called in 4 others (a triple  and 4 singles) we didnt get a shot at we also got shots at two cats and took one on 35 sets.

2011 - 2012

35 sets

called in 7 coyotes

3 shots and 3 yotes down

2 cats called in

2 shots at cats and one cat down

2012 - 2013

42 sets

3 yotes called in

2 coyotes shot at and 2 down

No cats

Anyone else having this low of odds in Michigan?

We are in NE Michigan with most of our hunts being in Oscoda county.

FoxPro SpitFire Turkey Feather on an arrow TC Venture in .223 Rem. 870 sps 12 gauge High degree of difficulty, small chance of success... What are we waiting for? Lets Go Yoting!

#2 Rjarvis

Rjarvis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Been a very slow year also. Have not hunted as much this year as you. Usually would have more action and more signs. Hunting Lapeer, Cheboygan and Presque Isle counties 3 coyotes and 1 cat.

#3 Cheez

Cheez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hey thanks for the reply and welcome to the forum. 

Im running a Foxpro Spitfire because I dont trust my self with a mouth call yet what are you using?

FoxPro SpitFire Turkey Feather on an arrow TC Venture in .223 Rem. 870 sps 12 gauge High degree of difficulty, small chance of success... What are we waiting for? Lets Go Yoting!

#4 Rjarvis

Rjarvis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Sceery mouth call variable reed and Fox Pro firestorm. Have had better success with the mouth call but I think that is just by chance. Are you using any type of decoy? We are using the fox pro jack rabbit and the mojo. Seems like better success with mojo. Thanks for the reply and good luck in the future.

#5 Cheez

Cheez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

If there is much wind we have a turkey feather on an arrow that flips around, and up until it broke 3 weeks ago we had a quiver critter for non windy days. I wasnt a big fan of the critter though didnt have much motion but as soon as they saw it they were locked on. We had forgot the decoy on the last yote we shot though and keep kicking out selves because we might have had a shot at a double if we would have had it.

#6 fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar

equal opportunity critter killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3324 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

:welcome: Rjarvis

Cheez as you know from the other forum....I've done diddly this year.  I have close to 50 sets in and no hair on the wall :*(

#7 Cheez

Cheez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

From how this season started I though I was going to do about as good at you Fr3d. We did a lot more scouting and hunted places that had more fresh tracks then I had ever seen and didnt have any luck at those places. 

Dad shot another one last night, but I let one walk. 

2012 - 2013

43 sets

5 yotes called in

4 coyotes shot at, 3 down.

#8 fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar

equal opportunity critter killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3324 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

That's not a bad season for Michigan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users