Oregon Predator Hunters!! - Oregon Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Oregon Predator Hunters!!

coyote varmint bobcat tournament oregon fox

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 predatordown

predatordown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

We are holding our first ever predator hunting tournament in Oregon. Check out our website and become members. We will keep everyone updated on the website. There are cash payouts to the top 6 teams. With other chances to win some cash money and have some fun. Our members will be choosing the location of the tournament so hurry up and vote! We look forward to getting this rolling. Check us out on facebook at predator pulverizer tournaments.Thank you predatorpulverizertourneys-com.webs.com/ 

#2 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23001 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Welcome to the forum predatordown

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#3 predatordown

predatordown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Thank you youngdon

#4 chopayne

chopayne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hey Predatordown, where in Oregon are you from?  Also is there a big Oregon chapter?

#5 BobcatHunt

BobcatHunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Can you guys tell me if i want to hunt coyote do i need a regular hunting license or do i need a hunting license and a furtakers license as well to hunt coyotes?  and whats the bag limits for coyotes in Oregon?

"Without Little Risk Comes No Reward"

#6 chopayne

chopayne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hey, I dont think many people from Oregon check this as I never received a reply.  Best bet pick up the phone and call DNR or something, a quick conversation will solve everything and theyre usually pretty helpful.  Ive called the IRS and the police before with crazy questions!

#7 BobcatHunt

BobcatHunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

whats dnr?

"Without Little Risk Comes No Reward"

#8 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23001 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Department of natural resources or game and fish or whatever your governing board is called there. They will have ALL the "rules and regulations" for you on their site.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#9 predatordown

predatordown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hey everyone, sorry about not responding. My wife and I were in the process of moving and we are pretty much all set up now. I live in Bend, OR and can't wait to get back to calling some coyotes in. We are looking forward to this tournament. Who is interested? 

Thanks,

Kyle

#10 chopayne

chopayne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Love Bend, Oregon.  Hope to settle down there one day.  Unfortunately I don't live in Oregon right now, but I would be interested in the tournament if I could attend!

#11 JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Im pretty new to predator hunting but would love to get together with some other hunters to learn. I LOVE hunting (just about anything) and want to get into coyote hunting. If anyone has advice, places to hunt, must have stuff, or just wants someone to go hunting with just drop me a line. I live in Salem but I'm willing to do some driving to drop yotes!

#12 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23001 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Must have are as simple or complicated as you want to make them. A straight shooting gun and a call of some sort is enough to start, I'd suggest a pair of shooting stix or Bi-pod and something to pad your posterior.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#13 chuck richards

chuck richards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Can you guys tell me if i want to hunt coyote do i need a regular hunting license or do i need a hunting license and a furtakers license as well to hunt coyotes?  and whats the bag limits for coyotes in Oregon?

Only need the hunting license.  Fur takers is for bobcat, otters, and a few others.  You do report your yote kills if you have a furtakers but it is not required of you only hunt yote.  If you plan to pop a cat then you need to get a furtakers license.  you can do west or east side.  East IIRC you only get 5 tags and cannot hunt west.  West you get 5 tags but can refill them as often as you want.  But you cannot hunt east.  anyway, they give you a pretty good booklet when you get your furtakers if you wanted to. Oh.  No limit on yotes either.  Best to drop by DFG and ask some questions too. 

OTAC USN RET.
American Bladesmith Society Journeyman Smith

http://acrichardscustomknives.com

#14 cayote43

cayote43

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

OREGON VARMINT CALLERS= We are looking for a few new members. We are a small club located in Linn co. club is limited to less than 30 members. During the winter months starting in Oct. we have club hunts. In Sept. we have a hunt for new members and guests. During the month of June we have a club shoot. Meetings are held at the River Center in Lebanon,Ore. The second Tues of the month at 8:oo PM.Dues are $12 a year the first year it's $17 to pay for patch for jacket and club sticker. We have members in Lebanon,Albany,Salem,Prineville,Scio,Silverton,Waldport,Sublimity,Brownsville,

#15 CoyoteCaller93

CoyoteCaller93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

This seems to be a dead forum. 

#16 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7756 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

The State threads don't get as much activity as the rest of the forums. 

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

GOD BLESS AMERICA

#17 rumrunner19

rumrunner19

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

just joined up id like to meet up and start hunting with some one asap!

#18 chuck richards

chuck richards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Just need a place and I'm in.  Wish I had been able to get out this last weekend.  Snow in the valley would have been perfect. 

OTAC USN RET.
American Bladesmith Society Journeyman Smith

http://acrichardscustomknives.com

#19 rumrunner19

rumrunner19

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

yah i know it would have been rocking still lots of snow hanging around in the hills and all over town... im thinking about getn out at some point this week or weekend for sure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coyote, varmint, bobcat, tournament, oregon, fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users