Coyote hunting - Indiana Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Coyote hunting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 458socom317

458socom317

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hi my name is Tim I'm new to coyote hunting I'm looking for some were to hunt any suggestions

#2 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Outside !

Sorry Tim !

Welcome to the forum 458socom317

Where do you live ?

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#3 prairiewolf

prairiewolf

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7940 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to the site Tim ! Like Don said where do you live ? If you have any specific questions ask away.

EW  Game  Calls

Affordable Custom Calls

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/

Ed Weddle @ Facebook

#4 458socom317

458socom317

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Southern indiana lake monroe area

#5 prairiewolf

prairiewolf

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 7940 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I know there are guys from Indiana on here maybe they will post something. I dont know your country but if there are any farms close by, maybe talk to the owners and see if they are having any coyote peoblems or know any that are.

EW  Game  Calls

Affordable Custom Calls

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/

Ed Weddle @ Facebook

#6 rmead88

rmead88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Try checking with local land developers I've had luck with them around my neck of the woods everyone has asked to hunt all the private farms already so I went to the court house and got myself a plat map and checked with developers in the area no one seems to ask them and most don't mind with a liability waver signed.

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of an unlived life.

#7 hollywood 21

hollywood 21

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm from Greene county Indiana there are several public land locations around this area.

#8 Rick Howard

Rick Howard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5696 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Public land will get your stated but, if you want to hunt on a regular basis, there is no avoiding asking land owners.   Public ground is often the first place new hunters go and the first place veterans go after they run out of private land.

Mead88 gave you some great advice.  Also you might try your counties website.  Some counties have interactive tax maps that allow point and click parcel identification.  Take a ride around with your map.  When you come across a place you want to hunt.  Refer to your you map and find who owns it.

I highly recommend using the search feature on Predator Talk.  (top right of the page)  You will find several threads with helpful tips and motivation for asking land owners permission.  Asking permission is awkward at first but, it becomes much easier the more you do it.  If you spend the time reading the tips on Predator Talk you will be more prepared which will help reduce some of the first time anxieties.   Also it will make you much more likely go get a YES!  

Good Luck and Welcome to PT!

Formerly itzDirty

#9 hollywood 21

hollywood 21

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Public land will get your stated but, if you want to hunt on a regular basis, there is no avoiding asking land owners. Public ground is often the first place new hunters go and the first place veterans go after they run out of private land.

Mead88 gave you some great advice. Also you might try your counties website. Some counties have interactive tax maps that allow point and click parcel identification. Take a ride around with your map. When you come across a place you want to hunt. Refer to your you map and find who owns it.

I highly recommend using the search feature on Predator Talk. (top right of the page) You will find several threads with helpful tips and motivation for asking land owners permission. Asking permission is awkward at first but, it becomes much easier the more you do it. If you spend the time reading the tips on Predator Talk you will be more prepared which will help reduce some of the first time anxieties. Also it will make you much more likely go get a YES!

Good Luck and Welcome to PT!

I was looking for something on here about asking permission but I haven't found much. About the only thing I have found is to ask after deer season which you pretty well have to around here everyone deer hunts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users