How to call coyotes - 2012 edition - Page 2 - Coyote Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com - Page 2

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

How to call coyotes - 2012 edition

how to call coyotes calling coyotes coyote calling how to call a coyote

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 vtguy17

vtguy17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Try a howl first, then go to the distress calls.  In my experience this always seems to work well.  Makes the others think a yote got a rabbit and then they want to come steal it!  I learned that from a randy anderson video a while ago and it works!

#22 HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I like what I'm reading here, all of the above is standard when I deer and hog hint, ummm, with the exception of stealing Christmas trees in the last 8 years. That was about 32 years ago and the statute of limitations on karma long expired....

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

#23 wilded

wilded

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Having been a hunting guide off and on for over forty years I am always amazed when I go to pick up hunters in a deer stand or duck blind.  The first thing I see from a distance are their faces and hands.  If I can see them a deer, duck or predator has seen them from two or three times farther away.  Use a face net, gloves and or camo paint.  Shining faces and hands are like a becon to animals that something is wrong.  Kill the shine on firearms and high luster blue scopes.  Anything that flashes, like watches and eye glasses, will give you away.  JMHO  ET

Stop by my Texas Outdoor Blog and leave a comment.

http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

#24 C2C

C2C

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

A trick I like to use is hitting a puppy in distress call immediately after taking a coyote on stand .. Surprising how often it will get another dog into you ... like today , shot the first dog in at 15 yds ,  distress called and second showed up at 350 and died at 100  , first double of the year .. Sorry no pics , dead battery .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how to call coyotes, calling coyotes, coyote calling, how to call a coyote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users