Blacky with a Killer call - Bear Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Blacky with a Killer call

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Here is a copy of an E mail message I just got from one of my customers.

"Hey Rich it's Denny. I bought a killer call from ya a month ago or so.. Anyway I called a black bear in to 17 yards and dropped him!! Getting a rug made. I love your call and can't wait to try it on coyotes and bobcat soon! Also called in a bobcat to 20 yards. Thanks again!"

I love those kind of reports. :teeth:
http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com
If you call em in close, you won't need that dang range finder gizmo.

#2 Weasel

Weasel

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Those are GREAT reports!

#3 prairiewolf

prairiewolf

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7940 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Good to hear Rich, but I already know how good your calls are ! Just to let you know this morning I called in spike elk for a buddy with one of the little horn calls, he didnt shoot it but it got to within 30yds.

EW  Game  Calls

Affordable Custom Calls

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/

Ed Weddle @ Facebook

#4 Rick Howard

Rick Howard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5696 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Nice. How many species of critters has your killer call brought in?
Formerly itzDirty

#5 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Good to hear Rich, but I already know how good your calls are ! Just to let you know this morning I called in spike elk for a buddy with one of the little horn calls, he didnt shoot it but it got to within 30yds.

--------------------------------------------
Thanks for telling me about that sir. The little open reed calls are only limited by how much practice the user does. The sounds you can make are almost endless. For sounds of the larger animals, you can use a funnel for a megaphone effect. Some hunters use those elk grunt tubes also.

#6 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Nice. How many species of critters has your killer call brought in?

--------------------------------------------
I don't know the exact number sir, but it was a heck of a lot of em, and maybe even more than that. :glutton:

#7 prairiewolf

prairiewolf

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 7940 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I usually use a heater hose 5/8 if I want to bugle and then just the call for cow sounds. I usually also use my own calls but I really like these cow tip calls alot and wanted to try them on elk . They work!!

EW  Game  Calls

Affordable Custom Calls

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/

Ed Weddle @ Facebook

#8 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23208 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Great report Rich...one of these days I'm gonna scrape a few buck up and buy one of your calls...my collection is lacking until then.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#9 El Gato Loco

El Gato Loco

Major Contributor

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3469 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

That's one heck of a testimonial!

Offering fully-guided, no-frills aoudad hunts in far southwest Texas on the border of Mexico. Please check out www.huntaoudad.com or see us on Facebook at Facebook.com/huntaoudad

Also.... be sure to enter our giveaway for a free aoudad hunt. Only 2 days left!!

#10 Rick Howard

Rick Howard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5696 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Great report Rich...one of these days I'm gonna scrape a few buck up and buy one of your calls...my collection is lacking until then.

Indeed... it is not a complete collection until you have some.
Formerly itzDirty

#11 bones44

bones44

Resident Smart Aleck

• Members
  • 5878 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

I'm working on getting one. You guys are killing me with all these new calls and I don't ever seem to have too many ! Great testimonial to a great callmaker !!

FIGHT !!!!

#12 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23208 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Indeed... it is not a complete collection until you have some.

Hey maybe we could start a pool ?

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#13 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

---------------------------------------------
Scraping up a few bucks is getting harder every day isn't it? I know it to be true for me anyway. In the meantime however, the calls you already have will call predators just fine. I appreciate all of the kind words from you guys, I really do. :hunter:

#14 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23208 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

O h trust me on this Rich I know what calls I have will do the job as they have for many years, but i would like to own at least one of your calls. I hear they are to die for....especially to coyotes. For years all that were available to me were store bought production calls and they worked quite well, but one of the things I've learned is that all cals make a slightly different sound and one of the best ways to be successful is to sound a little different than all the other guys out there. (I know you know all this, but thought i would reiterate for those who are not as expeienced as you)(( No I did not just call you old)) So In hopes of whacking a few more hard to call dogs i would like to own one...and yes it is getting harder to scrape up a few $ for non-necessities.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#15 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

( No I did not just call you old))
-----------------------------------------
Well maybe you should. I AM just an old codger, and an ornery one at that. :teeth:

#16 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23208 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

LOL Not gonna happen.....My mother is 2000 miles away and would somehow reach out and slap me for disrespecting my elder, give me that look that tells me she's disappointed in me and remind me she raised me better than that. She'd do it from there or from standing next to me in front of God, the police, the president or even my grandchildren, and all because I deserved it. And I'd be thankful that she's still able to and glad she didn't reach for a yard stick.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users