Git out there - Michigan Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Git out there

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar

equal opportunity critter killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3324 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

What are you guys waiting for? Git-R-dun

#2 Mattuk

Mattuk

Wildlife Manager

• Members
  • 6908 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

What is this thread meant to be about!?

National Diploma in Game, Deer, Fishery & Wildlife Management
                                                                                   National Deer Stalking Certificate and other land-based industries.

#3 El Gato Loco

El Gato Loco

Major Contributor

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3469 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

What is this thread meant to be about!?

Gittin er done, of course!

Offering fully-guided, no-frills aoudad hunts in far southwest Texas on the border of Mexico. Please check out www.huntaoudad.com or see us on Facebook at Facebook.com/huntaoudad

Also.... be sure to enter our giveaway for a free aoudad hunt. Only 2 days left!!

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23188 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

I think the title was fairly self explanatory !

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#5 bones44

bones44

Resident Smart Aleck

• Members
  • 5878 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Fred was referring too us Michigan guys who have been too lazy to go out. LOL. My biggest problem is the deer hunters aren't done in Michigan. My properties are off limits til then.

FIGHT !!!!

#6 Mattuk

Mattuk

Wildlife Manager

• Members
  • 6908 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Must be my poor English playing up again. Sorry.

National Diploma in Game, Deer, Fishery & Wildlife Management
                                                                                   National Deer Stalking Certificate and other land-based industries.

#7 Antlerz22

Antlerz22

Hillary for Prison

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

Ok got er did, but the grouping wasnt as expected. Going to 95 grains and staying there--after I shoot all that I bought or go back to my gun store and trade the 58grs and pay the difference.
A man convinced against his will is NOT convinced.
Speak FACT, not conviction.

A politician is a fellow who will lay down YOUR life for his country.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they
try to take it.

-- Thomas Jefferson

#8 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23188 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Whats wrong with the 58's Antlerz

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#9 Antlerz22

Antlerz22

Hillary for Prison

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

Whats wrong with the 58's Antlerz

cant get a grouping other than like 3 inches at 250, with no consistency--not even two near each other and that 3 inch group is evenly spread not giving me anything to go from.. I cleaned the barrel thoroughly and tried the 95 gr hornady ballistic tip sst's and they did fairly well with 2 of the 5 a bit out of the grouping and apx 2 inches at 250--but good enough for a yote i reckon. My regular barreled rem model 700 in .270 is 1 inch at 250 with factory loads. So in comparing my Savage model 12 fcv with semi heavy barrel and 26 inch barrel with accustock and accutrigger I would expect a better showing. Not so--but then every gun has its requirements and its going to have to be reloads when i get my lost press replaced. A 389 dollar rifle (bought in 94--.270) out shooting an 1100 dollar rifle--makes you go hmmmmm....I was rock steady and didnt even have any movement like heartbeat etc.. and the gun just went off each time unexpectedly. Couldnt ask for a better discharge than that, so no error for sure on my end, I also waited apx 4 mins between rounds to be sure barrel was same temp each time. Took over 3 hours at the range to finish all my strings and shoot my pistol as well. But I did have fun at the range--as long as rounds were being assessed Im happy. It wasnt a waste, it provided info I needed to know and thats worth a lot actually.

try to take it.

-- Thomas Jefferson

#10 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23188 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

You're right any time spent assessing at the range is time well spent.Have you tried the 55gr Noslers or 70 or 80 gr Nosler or 87gr Hornadys ? All but the 80's are varmint style I believe.

Tree Branch Calls

RIP Chris Miller

#11 Antlerz22

Antlerz22

Hillary for Prison

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Which of the heaviest could still be considered frangible and used for varmint. Im trying for heavier stability and for flatter shooting as well. Oh and no I havent tried any of those, going to try different grains for sure though. Right now to be using sound judgement, Im not going to try past 300 if that opportunity presents itself. I want a drt and no spinners or the like.

try to take it.

-- Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users