Hogs in Indiana - Indiana Predator Hunting - Predator Hunting / Calling / Trapping Forums, Blogs, Hunting Logs and Articles. - PredatorTalk.com

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Hogs in Indiana

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bigwalnutfly

bigwalnutfly

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Does any one know of (or heard of) where there might be hogs in Indiana? I am looking for a good off season or change of pace hunt?

#2 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 23152 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

I'd think given the damage they have done in other states the DOW or Game and fish would be willing to share that info with you.

Tree Branch Calls

Never kick a dead coyote, especially one that ain't dead when your gun is still in the kitchen. Just ask your favorite Yooper what will happen. But if its a bobcat in a 330 coni and you think he's dead,,,,,Think again.. And we know you were wearing less than your PJ's on the last one you shot !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

If you want to be successful, Be like a postage stamp, Stick to it until you get there

RIP Chris Miller

#3 sell33

sell33

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

I don't know of any significant numbers anywhere over there....I am next door in Ohio but hunt there every year. I'm sure my hunting buddy over there would have mentioned hogs if they were there. I would love to hunt them as well, but am not complaining that we do not have the large numbers doing damage that some states have.

I just bought my first fox pro and am getting into predator hunting. Maybe you should try that for off season?

#4 bigwalnutfly

bigwalnutfly

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

We do some predator hunting but there are several guys in our area running dogs and that keeps the numbers fairly low and what remains is awful nervous to say the least. Someone had mentioned there might be hogs in Orange and Pike counties but I can't find anyone to substantiate that.

#5 bgfireguy

bgfireguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

IDK I live just across state line from you in iroquois and kankakee county and if you had them there we'd have em here so I'll believe it when I sees it. ANd where at in hoosierville you from exactly?

"If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting." ~ Aristotle

#6 doubleaught

doubleaught

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

I wish I could help ya but I have a question in regards to hog hunting. I'm looking to shoot a 53 grain barnes triple shock out of my Ar....is that a heavy enough bullet? I'm headed to Lousiana in 2 weeks to do some clean up work on a ranch out there.

#7 sell33

sell33

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Sounds kinda light to me, but I have never shot a hog. I would imagine it will do that job as long as you do your part, I would probably stick with headshots. Specifically right in the ear hole if possible.

#8 ShadowDawg

ShadowDawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I am only 20 minutes from Orange County and probably 40 from Pike. I am from Martin County, and a few townships around me, like Rutherford's township supposedly has some, but haven't seen any. I hunt predator and turkeys in Knox.
Don't write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your @ss.

Aim small, miss small.

#9 Chris474

Chris474

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

The Hogs are around Bedford Indiana area. The follow along white river. Tunnelton, Budah, Leesville.

#10 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7756 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to the PT forum Chris474!

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

GOD BLESS AMERICA

#11 firelt72

firelt72

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

There are hogs near the Medora area east of Beford. The area between these spots are getting a good population. They were released by a private owner years back, why the story changes depending on who tells it. Long story short they are there and there are some bigger hogs. I have walked the area and the damage is amazing to what they can do. My buddy used to hunt them, but is broken down body isn't able to run ridges anymore. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users