Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you pay to hunt predators?
Yes - I have no problem paying for a quality hunt 4041.24%
No - I don't pay to hunt5758.76%

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know different guys feel differently about this but I thought I would post a poll. Would you pay to hunt, or is that not for you? Vote above....

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would pay a reasonable fee to get access to a big West Texas or South Texas Ranch in prime predator country but not to be guided on a predator hunt. I would want to do it my way. JMHO

·
118 Posts
Unless you own a lot of property in Texas you almost have to pay to hunt anything. at least that is the way it is in South East Texas. There are a lot of places that offer predator hunt in Texas but the prices are most of the time to high. Lets face it there is a lot of difference in a Trophy Buck than a Coyote.

·
24 Posts
I paid $650 to go on a west Texas hunt it was worth it for all the action. All the hunting was done at night and It was a 3 night deal. My buddy and I got 8 bobcats and 20 some gray foxes 2 javelinas and a couple coyotes. We also got to use night vision scopes and binoculars all provided by the guide. But my friend and I got to do all the calling because we have done it for a long time and know how the guide was cool with that. The other cool thing is in Texas you can shoot out of a vehicle so that was fun in colorado you can't.

·
37 Posts
personally have been looking for a place to hunt bobcats,we only have a few places where its open here in ny,would pay for a quality hunt ,,,anyone have any referrals?

·
Banned
68 Posts
Rong,
Most of the outfitters here have websites.Check out what we have to offer, and see if theres something that suits you.
You never know, what your looking for could be right here.
My link is at the bottom of the message, but we are all in the index at the top of the thread.

·
The King of Sausage!!
2,337 Posts
I have paid more for things I would like to forget. Memories are priceless. I dont agree with puttin myself in dept for a single self serving memory but for a hunt with friends and family I would remember a little money is a minor set back. I would personally like to form a hunt with Texas hunters who I have not met, where we could meet and share a hunt and put faces to names. I wish I had the place to do so my doors would be open. But I dont but would be willing to shell out a few green backs for the chance to make new friends and memories. My motto When you die there is a hash mark between the day you were born and the day you die and that represents your life to those who do not know you, so let me be remembered in the memories of my family, friends and people whos lives I have touched whether they be young or old, family or friend.

·
136 Posts
Texas ranchland is not free, so why should I expect FREE hunting priviledges? Texas ranchers are struggling dollarwise, so seek a dollar to stay afloat. Texas land taxes are ludicrous, so many TEXAS landlowners lose their land to whatever bankwise. Land is not free, so hunters should be happy to find a great place to hunt for a few hundred dollars. Texas ranchers are not beggers, so open your heart and your wallet to enjoy the OPPORTUNITY to hunt. Cliffy, from Michigan where things aren't economically great to say the least.

·
93 Posts
Wolf, bear, lion, sure, in Africa with so many predators available certainly, here in the states might if I had a good area I knew was workable, lots of outfitters have predator hunting as a filler when you waiting around for your trip back, but really don't have their heart in it.

If I was visiting a relative or a friend in another state that was reciprocal with mine and they offered it. I'd try it.

But to just off and hire it done for my own, nah, can do enough of it here to satisfy anything I need to

·
Die Hard Member
5,393 Posts
Personally I am for meeting and sharing....been doing it most of my life. I have been alot of places from Alaska to Florida Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, kentucky, Pennsivania,. In Saskatchewan I paid for a guided bear hunt..but, only because non resisdents are not allowed without a guide. I enjoy serching and figuring it out. I have taken guys out fishing ( walleye, muskie, salmon, perch and more) Hunting (I have been blessed with setting up guys and gals on deer, bear, duck, yotes, and more and some and often they have gotten thier first with me, that is best !) and they help with fuel and even meals...and I do like wise. Often staying at thier house or them at mine. .....Kids however I really enjoy...that is if they really are into the hunt and not the kill.

So to answer your question Chris, yes of course !!!! , but I prefer to make friends and share experiences.

I have never had problems finding areas to hunt private or public both have proven to be productive...the search is part of the hunt/fun.

·
104 Posts
I would consider paying for a quality hunt in other states, but I'm also in agreement with Oac, GG, and Bigd1. It would be great to meet others and invite them out to your own home areas, and vice-versa.

o.k... Now who wants to invite me out to Nebraska for some dog huntin'? LOL

·
Die Hard Member
377 Posts
I am all for it as long as it is a good place with alot of hogs cause bustin a pack of them is a blast. And any place that has bobcats is worth it cause the feeling you get when you have called up that beast is awsome

·
Super Moderator
23,221 Posts
Well said Yotehntr. I've never had much problem finding a place to hunt predators of one kind or another.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought about this poll last week as I was on my 5th $100 fill-up in my diesel truck, along with the cost to park my RV, then a hotel room, food, etc. My results were minimal... and it's because I spent hours scouting new territory.

In all honesty, we ALL pay to hunt predators. I guess it's just a question of how much we want to pay?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts