Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The coyotes keep us up all night, tracks everywhere, they killed all the barn cats and 10 chickens, i go out every other day and call at dawn and dusk but nothing. What do i do? They seem to be totaly nocturnal.

·
744 Posts
Look for the coyotes in cover where rabbits and Game birds spend their day. You will find your coyotes there.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Sounds like it's time for the steel braclets and snares. Just think---you won't be worried about catching any barn cats.

·
79 Posts
Traps work 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A hunter can not do that. As a bonus, trapping is a challenge and a lot of fun.

·
19 Posts
Obviously those coyotes have been trained not to spend time out in the open during the daylight hours because that's how they end up taking a bullet from a truck off the road!!! Focus on what I would call the bedding areas. The thickest most secluded areas you can find. Use a stealthy approach and set up anywhere from 100-300 yds from where you think that coyotes is at and call them out. For us out west, this is my tactic from 10 until 2 most days. I've called IL several times and the few coyotes we called in, that's how we got them. Good luck!!!

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise! Got set up this morning on a small hill overlooking a creek bottom that backed up to a woodlot. Within 10 min called in a gray fox, I know some will think I'm nuts but I did'nt shoot him. I have'nt seen a gray around here in many years and I did'nt want to be the guy who shot the only one. And I know he's not my chicken/cat killer because I saw all the coyote tracks after they came and killed. I do now know I WILL get my coyote! Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts