Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Laststep said:
View attachment 190 Mine would be a 375h&h, when we call coyotes here these guys come running....Dan
HAHAHAH! You just made me reconsider my .223! 375 H&H sounds good to me.

·
8 Posts
Had a rem 700 bdl in 22-250, great gun. I just picked up a Tikka T3 Varmint last fall also in a 22-250, so far so good. As far as a deer rifle, I love my rem 700 7mm mag, I have taken everything from antelope to moose with it with out any problems.

·
11 Posts
Swedish Model 96 Mauser in 6.5X55MM that has been sporterized by Kimber America and it loves the Hornady Light Magnums which have been replaced with their new Superformance line. It is even more accurate using off the shelf Norma brand of ammo.

·
118 Posts
Hey Big Dawg,
I have one of those and it is a sweet shooting rifle.
Do you reload?
There are some good choices on bullets out there. I use Berger VLD's.

·
17 Posts
I have fallen in love with my Ruger .204. Shooting 34g HP backed by 27g H335. Comes out a little over 4000 fps. I have not had one go more than 10 yds. and fur damage is miminal. I'll admit that most of my shots are less than 100 yds. thanks to FoxPro. Sometimes it is difficult to get them to stop before running me over.

·
Super Moderator
23,224 Posts
Ruger#1 I have one in .204 but would like another in 45-70 with an octagon barrel.

·
135 Posts
Well 30 years ago i had a gun made in Italy for me. It's a .222 / 12GA with a 3 in chamber. The choke is extra full. Back in those days the extra full choke was a rare thing. The gun Is a breach load and has a palm swell stock. Real sweet

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
I wouldn't say it is my favorite but it is my favorite AR-15. Just finished building it and am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Spikes Tactical lower with DPMS parts kit. Rguns A3 upper with free floated 16" Super Bull Barrel. Advanced Technologies Strikeforce stock package. Weighs in at 10 lbs. with a full 20 round Tango Down magazine. Once I get to shoot it I will post on accuracy.
Whatta ya think fellers?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,224 Posts
Sweet bar-d !!!

·
170 Posts
Very nice, just some friendly advice if you have facial hair, you're going to loose some on the retractable stock when you fire it, if you are not careful. i know i left some on my father-in-laws stock. let us know how the accuracy is.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
TexAgBQ81 said:
Very nice, just some friendly advice if you have facial hair, you're going to loose some on the retractable stock when you fire it, if you are not careful. i know i left some on my father-in-laws stock. let us know how the accuracy is.
I do have a mustache. Have shot a couple other rifles of mine with collapsible stocks and never had a problem. Never thought about it. Now that I will be thinking about it, it will probably happen every time!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
bar-d said:
I wouldn't say it is my favorite but it is my favorite AR-15. Just finished building it and am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Spikes Tactical lower with DPMS parts kit. Rguns A3 upper with free floated 16" Super Bull Barrel. Advanced Technologies Strikeforce stock package. Weighs in at 10 lbs. with a full 20 round Tango Down magazine. Once I get to shoot it I will post on accuracy.
Whatta ya think fellers?
I like the look of that grip. Which one is that?

Great looking setup though. Put a light up front and it's not only a great predator rifle, but an awesome home defense weapon as well. Great work!

·
69 Posts
There all my favorites. I dont own the ones I dont like anymore. Making me choose would be like asking me which one of my kids I like the best. Wouldnt be fair....

I guess the one that has my eye right now is the newest one. I havnt had it to the range and shot it yet. Its a Dakota Predator in 20Tac with a Swarovski Z5 5x25 on top. This is the new prairie dog rifle for this year.

·
Super Moderator
23,224 Posts
That beauty will make the prarie dogs come out just to look at it. I likee the wood on that Dakota Furhunter.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Chris Miller said:
I like the look of that grip. Which one is that?

Great looking setup though. Put a light up front and it's not only a great predator rifle, but an awesome home defense weapon as well. Great work!
Thanks, Chris. The grip is part of the ATI Strikeforce package. It also has an adjustable cheekrest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts