Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try some Slick Trick broadheads, this past fall and had some success with them. I used the Razor Trick, which is a COC (cut-on-contact) broadhead with a 1 1/8" cutting diameter.

As it turns out, I made a bad hit (onside shoulder), but still got one lung, 16" of penetration and a 1400+ yard blood trail that allowed me to find him. The tracking job certainly was a learning experience. I found him hiding in a corn field. A 10 pt. buck that weighed 230 lbs. with a 15" inside spread.

I'll be using these broadheads again, next year.
What's your favorite broadhead?

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
Corn Field Buck.jpg

Attachments

·
38 Posts
RAGE TWO BLADE. They will make a marginal hit a kill one guy on my filming crew said (heck i think you can just nick them) I haven watched my wife punch through a mature ohio buck with 45# and it only went thirty yards , I gave my brother some and told you have to try these, I was out of state hunting and he called all excited about a buck he shot that ran forty yard and died running . Then this season a buddy of mine shot a buck of a lifetime and we had to use a tracking dog , when the guy with the dog showed up the first thing he asked was if it shot with a rage he said he hardly ever dont find one that has been. I filmed the whole deal it was cool . We are sold on them

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shoot G5 Montecs and I smoked a buck this year at twenty yards and he only went thirty after my arrow passed completely through both lungs and then into the ground behind. Couldn't ask for more.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Iam old school----BearBearBearBearBearBear

·
7 Posts
Have used Slick Tricks for a couple of years and really like them. They fly like darts out of my bow. This past year I won a pack of Rage two blades at a outing so I thought I would give thema try, The hole they put in my buck was huge I am happy with either one of the two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been using slick trick 100 grain magnums the past couple years. I have good luck with them both on deer and hogs. Before then I used GrimReapers I switched to cut on contact because I was after a big boar hog and wanted a coc head,

1 - 20 of 76 Posts