Predator Hunting Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im tryin to figure out these predators in virginia, im in powhatan n not having much lucki have a foxpro fury n want to have more success any tips?

·
Super Moderator
23,178 Posts
Persistence pays off. There are a lot of tips throughout this forum. You'll have to apply them to your own situation though.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Watch the wind. You have to be able to see them before they get downwind. If you plan on then moving for the downwind every time. Your setups will get better. Better setups means more effective hunting.

·
1,087 Posts
I guess I'll never quit then, cause I'll never figure it out! Just would like a little success every now and then! It would just make a good thing better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my wife and i went out tonight n called something in she saw eyes buy i couldnt ever see them. We heard it start behind us and move all the way around our right to the front of us and to the edge of the clearing. She said it was pretty high off the ground n the eyes were far apart so im thinking it was a cat. Plus it came in rather slow and did not make much noise... we messed up by climbing trees about 10 ' apart so i wasnt able to see it. Plus i need a kill light to see better lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way grey squirrel and red fox pups brought it in. Oh and short calls and long pauses. About 2 minutes in between and about 20 sec calling

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the good advise i had a good night set up with the wind in my face and the river to my back tried for a few then moved into the wind. On my second set after about 5 minutes she came right in! Unfortunately i was shining my light over my shooters shoulder n it was reflecting on his scope causing him to miss the shot. Still very exciting for my first coyote call in. She came within 30 yards straight to us

1 - 11 of 11 Posts