Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up a big roll of 550 paracord and now i'm itching to do something with it. I really want to try to make a custom coyote drag. I remember seeing one someplace that was made with keyrings on the ends to make it an easy slipknot. It also had a antler handle, and the paracord fed through a shell casing in the handle. Looked really nice but I cant remember know where I saw that at.

Anyway, do you have any pics of things you have made with paracord? Would really like to see them!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made these real quick today. Bracelet turns into about 10 ft of paracord pretty quickly if needed. The drag becomes about 15ft.

I think I am going to try to do a shoulder carry with a wider cobra weave? Will post if I do.

Picture 302..jpg
Picture 303..jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Tell the truth brother, you had your daughters do those for you didn't you.

·
24 Posts
Chris Miller, what type of braid did you use for the drag? I like the looks of it.

Here are some key chains I've made. $6 with shipping. Payment via paypal

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I thought this one looked pretty slick for a simple water bottle/nalgene bottle type sling. I imagine you could even do a braided sling then work the bottom into this jug knot to secure it to the throat of the bottle.

http://www.ropeworks.biz/reader/jugknot.pdf

·
24 Posts
ebay is where I get mine

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Like I didn't have enough things to do. Now I am going to have to check out these youtube videos and take up another hobby.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
winterfunguy said:
I saw a cool set of shooting stix a guy fabbed out of 2 arrow shafts and some para cord. Custom Ultralight Shooting Sticks ***SALE*** When someone figures out how this was done please post back because I absolutely love the idea and want to make a set or two. Also check out cheaper than dirt and the sportsmans guide for paracord at good prices.
Pretty cool. It looks like it's just a cobra weave on the arrows though. Instead of using another strand for the center, he uses the arrow. Here is a quick how to:

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Very nice work.

·
Super Moderator
23,219 Posts
Nice looking braids there, I love the d-rings, I have them on mine also.

·
126 Posts
Here's my newest lanyard that I made last night. It is Acid Brown and Camo. I really like the combination of these colors. The call on the left is one my husband, Bill made. The one on the right was made by our friend John of Tree Dog Calls.
lanyard and calls.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts