Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you aren't hunting, what do you guys do to occupy the time from 8 to 5...and sometimes more?

I'm a lineman for a power company in Western Kansas.

Besides getting to work in brutal cold and blazing heat, rain, etc. the job has several other perks, like talking to a lot of landowners about hunting permission, hehe.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I spent 7 years doing commercial electronic security before starting my own business in marketing. It allows me a lot of flexibility which is nice, but sometimes I wish I had the 9-5 back.

My grandfather retired from Amerun U.E. here in MO. He was a lineman....

·
49 Posts
a lot of electricians, I'm a electrical contractor
i went to work for energy electric when i was 14, i'm now 47
i bought the company 6 years ago.
pre reccession we had 33 journeyman electricians now we have 10.
i wish work would pick up in the serrounding states so the out of state contractors would go home.
when 30 contractors bid the same job the guy who forgot something in his bid takes the job.
i'm getting bumper stickers for our trucks that say "vote yes for one cent sales tax colorado contractors need the money"

·
93 Posts
I was a Journeyman Steel Detailer for almost 20 years then retired for 4 years, had to leave the home or the family was going to bust my chops LOL so I went back to work with a small Ion Gas Laser company doing fine Tig welding work and running the Hydrogen Gas ovens for Brazing work, now learning all about Lasers, quite a feat for a welder LOL. Thats for some income during the day.

In the evenings I run my website and make small digital animal callers for trappers and trail camera enthusiasts, biologists, and other research people, plus I run a small fur business and make fur hats and leather products to help me pay for hunting and trapping.

When I'm not doing all that I drift thru different forums learning more about my hobby of trapping, hunting and calling.

·
13 Posts
I am a Mechanical Contractor (plumbing, heating and air conditioning) Been a Master Plumber for about 12 years and started My company about 11 years ago with my parents. Love the job and the opportunity to work with my family.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
coyotekidd said:
have a wife 2 boys and a daughter on the way.
This made me laugh because of how I read it. Are they all on the way, right now? Where are you getting them from?

·
85 Posts
I am not working, can't find a job here, we just moved from Philly to Athens,GA Area. Here in Ga the Sheriff do my job, Behavioral Management in schools. We moved because my wife got an new job offer and wanted to get out of the city.....So now I have the time to hunt, Thank Heavens Ga has a generious deer allotment 2 buck, 10 doe. My contribution has been 5 deer, 1 Hog numerous small game.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
I farm and ranch in West Central Texas. I also do custom farming for others in the area. Welding work on farm equipment, custom gates and fencing. Up until recently, I day worked for some ranches in the North Texas area. I also am a licensed HVAC contractor which helps support my agriculture habit. Getting a little too old and banged up to crawl around in attics so I plan on phasing out the HVAC work. Some of you probably think I am blowing smoke but I am being totally honest.

·
24 Posts
I'm lucky, I have been working in an injection molding factory for 4 years. I go hunting as much as I can when I can. Good luck to all, wherever you are.

·
4 Posts
Own hunting lodges in Paraguay and Argentina. Work in those countries Late April through August each year. Substitute school teacher during the off season in Virginia where I was born. This schedule allows me to mark off to hunt or fish as much as I desire, (lots). When in South America, I hunt nearly everyday with my guests. New to Predator calling but have been a life long trapper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im a retired nys corrections officer, spent 25 years working in a max security jail, boy could i tell some stories.i drive a big rig now for somthing to do when im not hunting or fishing. Oh yea my brother is a union electrician.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts