Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bullwinkle helped me set up my shelter at the Mid-Michigan Old Gas Tractor Show (MMOGTA) and I learned while there the show is 4 days long this year. That means I'm going today! Got the detailing done on my '54 Ford and hitched the trailer and waiting for light and for the fog to clear. Time for a little fun but it will be hot and muggy through Sunday. Just like summer in Michigan.

As some of you know, my good friend Mike Browder died this past year and he's the person that helped me restore this tractor 26 years ago. It also has the finest hand-painted, embossed Ford lettering anywhere done by him on the fenders and hood, so I'll never repaint it. Makes me think of him each time I look at it and it's only fitting to take it this year; it was his favorite and it looks as good as ever - and, no doubt, better than new.

Quick video of the tractor at a previous year's show: 1954 Ford NAA Tractor - YouTube

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, and so many others that went to the show with me over the years. Everything evolves, but whenever I look at those 4 Ford scripts he brushed, he comes to mind.

Lots of tractors today. Mine is number 687 and I registered Wednesday at the show grounds. Should easily exceed 1,000, because it's featuring Oliver tractors and they have a following.
There was a guy selling ammo there. $100/brick of Thunderbolt 22s. $100/box of .44 mag. Everything he had was at that level!

There was also a fur buyer and sewer of pelts for hats, etc. Really nice stuff. May have to talk to him again.

Three days left and all hot and muggy. Good to have my 20x20 shelter to block sun and rain.

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Very nice. She’s a beauty.

Reactions: Glenwhey
1 - 5 of 5 Posts