Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bullwinkle arrowed a buck yesterday at dusk and we hope to recover it this morning with the help of his hound. Temps in mid 30s, so it should have cooled off.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
nice ! good luck trackerman!

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Congrats to Bullwinkle! Good luck finding him. The deer that is.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We lost the deer to coyotes. Dog went right to it this morning anyway.

A poor shot allowed the deer to travel about a quarter mile through some relatively heavy cover.

Bullwinkle was getting over-heated last night and called off the dog.

We salvaged the head for a European mount and maybe a hydro dip, as well.

That's that. Dang beast would have gone over 200 pounds dressed. The biggest body I've seen to date.
Smile Trophy hunting Hunting Plant community Hat

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
bummer on the yotes . least you found him though.

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
What a shame. At least Bullwinkle didn’t spill any of his own 🩸

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm with you, Pokey.

Dang tough during our 3-months of deer hunting to actively pursue 'yotes without stirring things up too much but I will be at "at-the-ready" now, since I won't be in a hurry to take another whitetail over the next month or so. In fact, I will be in a blind well before daylight tomorrow and will be totally prepared for any howling trouble makers and will not be thinking deer hunting; don't want another one right now. I've taken a few 'yotes this way in deer stands, but never really made them a priority during the deer season. We'll see how they like the taste of a big bore.

Bullwinkle didn't really want to tag the deer, but I told him he killed it and he only gets one buck at my place. Our taxidermist wouldn't take the job without a tag anyway.

That just means we are both doe boys now.

·
Registered
16 Posts

A poor shot allowed the deer to travel about a quarter mile through some relatively heavy cover.

That's that. Dang beast would have gone over 200 pounds dressed. The biggest body I've seen to date. View attachment 40424
nice photo thanks for sharing its a high rack for sure my biggest deer i ever got was a 8 point you cant eat the antlers uno but now a coyote hunting trainee and im a tracker of wildlife .

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice photo thanks for sharing its a high rack for sure my biggest deer i ever got was a 8 point you cant eat the antlers uno but now a coyote hunting trainee and im a tracker of wildlife .

It's all about paying those dues.

·
Die Hard Member
3,660 Posts

That's that. Dang beast would have gone over 200 pounds dressed. The biggest body I've seen to date. View attachment 40424
NICE BUCK BULLWINKLE-----CONGRATS GETTING HIM

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heading out this evening in an attempt to get even with the critters that stole that monster. And, Bullwinkle will be there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts