Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much action with toads usually, but I thought I'd get a video of it eating one of my fishing worms. Gave him 2 already today and the girls are concerned about how much bait we have left for tomorrow's fishing. Like having it around and it's about doubled in size the past month or so. Goes in and out of the garage at will through openings of the threshold at either corner. It makes a quick move - head and all in an open-mouth jab - and that's that.

Toad Eats Worm - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
He’s gonna be a real toad if you keep feeding him.

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have a few that live under a big rock in flower bed. I'll turn the porch light on every evening or so and go out and feed them June bugs that are attracted to the light. I thought I was the only one crazy guy who fed the toads. Glad I'm not. They are pretty interesting.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Murph. I feel better now.
I was walking through the garage in the dark a couple weeks ago and felt something underfoot before I stepped completely down. Yep. I was on the toad and backed off in time not to flatten it.

And, last year I had one roaming the garage, along with some mice. Set a trap for the mice and caught a toad by the leg. Dang. Messed it up and quit the mouse trapping.

I'm always checking under the ATV tires before backing them out of the garage, too. Got one that way once. too.

And, those things can sure pinch off a substantial loaf, too. Unbelievable actually.

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
As far as feeling better that there are two of you, you shouldn’t.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yesterday the toad was in and out of the garage, so when I saw a grasshopper nearby, I located my pal first. Smacked the hopper and put it in a small plastic bottle with a lid. Time to get it out and it got under my big mower. Smacked it again but it was still mobile. Finally coralled it and removed one of its legs, dropped it in front of the critter. It stared for a bit, and then in a flash, sucked it down.

Who needs a pet store anyway?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was getting a bit weird with the toad. Found myself catching grasshoppers and flies, and purchasing fishing worms for the toad. Dang thing never turned anything down! The other day it was gone and found it outdoors in its favorite depression on a cold morning. Brought it in the garage and started a fire to warm it up.

Finally decided to take it down to the creek by the bridge to let it go. Fed it some worms a two grasshoppers first. Looks like the size and shape of a bull frog now and probably won't need to eat for quite a while. Sure was entertaining but I'm glad not to worry about it anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts