Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Die Hard Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We leave Saturday morning for Prince of Wales Island for black bear hunting again, this time my wife and son are both going. I will let you know when we get back how it turned out. They say there will be big boars out looking for love. May get some ocean fishing in too.

·
Super Moderator
23,275 Posts
We leave Saturday morning for Prince of Wales Island for black bear hunting again, this time my wife and son are both going. I will let you know when we get back how it turned out. They say there will be big boars out looking for love. May get some ocean fishing in too.
Good luck to you and the family Knapper!

·
Die Hard Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No my son is taking a Marlin 44mag. which is a little older than that one. Sorry Glen.

·
Die Hard Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got back monday and we only saw one bear and it disapered fast. Saw lots of deer and other animals and got some pictures will post them in a day or two.

·
Super Moderator
23,275 Posts
That’s to bad knapper. We were pulling for you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's the spirit. But, did you have a good time doing what you did? Duh! Going back says it all. The dream goes on.

·
Super Moderator
23,275 Posts
Take the new to you 45/70. It’ll bring you luck

·
Super Moderator
23,275 Posts
(y)

·
Die Hard Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went out to pull in the trash can from the street and saw something up behind the boat and turned out it was a black bear.

·
Super Moderator
23,275 Posts
Lol. Did you ask if it wanted a ride to PoW ?

·
Die Hard Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got back from hunting on Prince of Wales yesterday and only saw four bears, two were too young and the other two were not gettable because of time and location. One was in town when we were heading to the ferry and the other one was too dark to see to find it again and shoot it. Has a great tiome there and enjoyed the company as well. They had so much rain that this year the creeks were running high and the salmon were having more water to run in and the bears could hide better. We plan on next fall again, being retired makes it easier to do hunts like this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I, for one, appreciate the fact that you are able to have a great time without a kill. Good for you, my friend, and as much as I wanted you to pop one with that ol' Marlin lever.

I did an elk/mule deer hunt in Colorado - my first one ever in a previous lifetime. Probably a dozen or so hunters staying in 2 cabins and I was the only one who never fired a shot over a period of 4-5 days. My pal, Fast Frank, told me he was sorry that I wasn't "successful" but he never understood how much of a good time I had. I had no time to feel sorry for myself and never thought of the trip in those terms. Never have in over 30 years since.

We all can define "success" in our own terms with our heads screwed on right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts