Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got hold of Skip thanks to Pokeyjeeper. Thank you John for reaching out. I’ve been trying to get hold of him for several days with no answer back. My wife and I decided last night that if we didn’t hear back from him this morning we’d call the police to do a welfare check on him.Thankfully it didn’t come to that. He’s in the hospital in Marquette. He had a hole in his small intestine that was leaking a bunch of poison into his body. They did surgery on him to repair it but will need to put him under again to insert a feeding tube. He’ll likely need rehab when they finally release him to build back some strength. It’ll be a few weeks at least before they turn him loose on the general public. That’s all I know for now. Prayers and good thoughts are in order.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
get well skip. you are in my prayers.

hopefully they'll letcha wear yer green dress in lue of the backless robe.

Reactions: youngdon

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You guys are welcome I think a lot of skip and I’ve been trying to get ahold of him I’m glad I went to see him in June and his sister wanted some pictures of skip myself and her and her husband and we used my phone and she sent the pictures to her phone and I saved the number

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke with Skips daughter Jennifer today and actually got in a few words with Skip too. He's still recovering from a secondary surgery that they did on him(probably to remove some orneryness). She said that he is doing better, he sounded a little better to me on the phone, although hes still groggy from being sedated for several days (probably because he was hitting on the nurses). He apparently got sepsis from all the crap that leaked into him through the hole cause by the ulcer. He's still got a few days left in the hospital and then the therapy begins, probably at the same hospital, then he may have to have some home care for a bit. I told his daughter to ask him if he wanted to wear the green dress to therapy.....

Say a prayer or think good thoughts for him please

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Thanks for the update Don
I talked to skip’s Sister Debby 2 days ago and she told me the same and that he’s too ornery to stay in there to long he’s a tuff old marine and he’ll beat this like he did that coyote a few years ago
And Don I was told you have the green dress so I guess you’re going to have to get it in the mail to skip

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Thanks for the update Don
I talked to skip’s Sister Debby 2 days ago and she told me the same and that he’s too ornery to stay in there to long he’s a tuff old marine and he’ll beat this like he did that coyote a few years ago
And Don I was told you have the green dress so I guess you’re going to have to get it in the mail to skip
what's this ?????????????? do they have matchin gowns ??????? 🤪
not that there's anithang wrong wit that!🤡

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke to Skip for a few minutes. Even made him laugh a time or two. He sounds a lot better than even the last time. He starts rehab tomorrow. They said it might be two weeks before they can release him. He’s hoping that there are some cute nurses up there, it’s hard for him to even hold the phone. He appreciates the prayers !

Reactions: Glenwhey and kiyote

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Talked to skip today and he told me that they are sending him home in 10 days and the nurses won’t leave him alone he has 2 in his room at a time

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I spoke to Skip today. He’s apparently doing good, he’s still weak, and says everything hurts. But he is feeling better, he just wishes that they would let him sleep in. He must be better, he’s complaining. Lol he’s likely to be two more weeks.

Sadly I wrote this a couple days ago and never hit send.

Those two nurses are Bubba and Jeff !

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
male nurses are cool so longs they ain't wearin a green dress!;):D

good to hear he's feeling better.

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tough to get strong in a hospital bed, but they better turn the ol' boy loose pretty soon or we'll have to bust him out.

Thanks for the update, men.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts