Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday night is a full moon everyone. I was just wondering what some of your plans are for the rest of the weekend and week if you plan on taking advantage of it or not. Up here in NEPA we got pounded with snow so i doubt i will be going out till later this week maybe. How long will coyotes stay dened up after snow? I mean we got about two and a half feet of snow but they have to get out and eat right? Let me know what you guys think!

·
69 Posts
They have to be able to get around, hungry or not they wont fight it. You probably wont see much action till that snow crusts over and they can run ontop of it. 6 to 8 inches is one thing but 30 inches is a whole other story.

I have had much better luck on moonless nights, I like it as dark as it can get. I wont even leave the house if theres much more than a quarter moon.

·
30 Posts
It's the opposite here. when the moon is bright you can see those bastards crawling around the fields like mice against the snowy background.

·
Banned
68 Posts
I won't hunt a full moon at night. If the moon is full, I either don't hunt, or hunt midday only.
I agree you can see yotes "under a full moon agianst the snow", But they can alos see just like its daylight. A full moon gives the yote an advantage.

·
79 Posts
I went last night and killed two. I like the moonlight, no light required. Killed both under 20 yds with a shotgun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts