Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Skip. He was in an accident. Spent a few days in the hospital. Totaled his ford pickup. He’s home now with a cracked rib and a vertebrae in his neck, bruises and sore as heck. They say he’ll heal up and be as feisty as ever. He crossed the center line and hit a car with five people. All are going to be okay. He’s more upset over them than anything. He got blinded by the sun reflecting off the snow. If you get a chance please say a prayer for all involved.
I hope he wasn’t wearing that green dress.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
damn ..... the punches keep coming.

prayers said . get well skip

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s the truth. I told him he’s been really lucky lately, unfortunately that good luck is preceded by bad luck.

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to him again today. He sounded much better. He’s not quite so sore and is breathing easier.

Reactions: kiyote and Glenwhey

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Good to hear he’s doing better
Skip has had his fair share of bad luck in the past 9 months he was just getting so he could get out and do some walking he had scouted out his favorite place to catch bobcats but ran across a set of large black bear tracks he has a big old bore that dens close and seems to not go to sleep for the winter until later in the winter and this bear caused damage to people’s properties bird feeders grills and trying to get into where food is he is not afraid of people so things could get bad I think I may pull a bear tag this year and see if I can get him we have a point system here in Michigan and I know I have enough to pull a tag for that unit and see if I can call the big boy in
Skip was also getting excited about calling coyotes and was scouting for them the coyote population has really taken a hit around skip with Mange and distemper but seems to be rebounding slowly

·
Registered
336 Posts
That would be great if you could go after the bear. I bet Skip or someone close to him would bait for you. Never heard of calling them, though.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm the same way, Pokey. No desire to hunt bears over bait, but calling? I could be your camera man, because I'd probably not be the only one who'd want to see that. Seriously.

·
Die Hard Member
2,382 Posts
I have called in bears before, cheap thrill, they left after the got our smell. They make lots of noise when coming in, crashing through the alders.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
not always. sometimes they sneak in quite as a mouse

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On a positive note Skip was feeling much better today!

Reactions: kiyote and Glenwhey

·
Die Hard Member
3,660 Posts
Every year archery hunters get treed up cause they are calling for elk, usually it's a griz. that shows up but any other pred. can also.
----------------HEY GUYS-----FINALLY GETTING A BUNCH BETTER---THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS . THEY SURE HELPED ME THROUGH SOME RUFF TIMES----YOU CAN BE SURE GOD WAS WITH ME IN THE OPERATING ROOM THIS SUMMER AND RIDING WITH ME IN MY TRUCK BECAUSE THE SHERIFF COULDN'T BELIEVE THERE WAS NO DEATHS ------THANK YOU ALL AGAIN-------SORE BUT UP AND RUNNING----SKIP 😀

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It’s good to see you back on Skip. Good thoughts and more prayers for you my friend. Slow down a bit and heal up and then try not to do anything out of your price range.
Stop being stubborn And get a cell phone.

Reactions: Glenwhey
1 - 20 of 25 Posts