Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Die Hard Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot with a rifle club that got some shot marker for the target frames and no one has to pull targets and work in the pits. They work great and save time and make it safer to shoot longer distances. We most often shoot 600 yds. and then go to other ranges and shoot up to 1000 yds. The shot markers allow you to shoot more and get more information off each shot. Well I ordered up a set and will use it for load developement and work with different bullets to find the best results at closer ranges. It is made in Canada and will take two months min. to get it done so they can ship it to me. Check it out on the web sight and this may be helpful for others as well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Not sure what it is, but I'll take a look. When I shot CMP, we had men in the pits and took turns with that job. A great experience it was. We shot off hand, sitting and prone, but at a mere 200 yards with no scopes.

·
Die Hard Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We do some of that too but, the shot marker took people out of the pits and mage it faster than in the pits. It read the bullet with mics on all four corners and then send a location on the target and speed at target as well as standard deveation and keeps track of the string of shots at the notebook device that you are showing it on at the firing line. It does sitghers and as well as the strings of shots and then you can save them in the system. Not cheap but, it will save time and ammo on the firing line when working up loads. Another wow gadget as well too.

·
Die Hard Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the shot marker to the range and set up yesterday and it works fantastic!! It could tell when we moved it to get a different distance and the angle changed. It could tell when we shot a creedmoor and a 44 mag about velocities were not in the same range and would say something about each time. Calibration was easy and the targets were matched on each. Very impressive and useful information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts