Predator Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Hey all,

I just wanted to post a quick note and let you know that PT has been sold and is no longer in my control. After 15 years of running forums - i've decided that this is no longer my thing. I'd much rather spend my time going out and living life as opposed to babysitting grown adults online.

Recent events really opened up my eyes. Everyone feels entitled to something, and no one cares about the free service that has been given to them. When you attempt to cover your costs by implementing advertising, grown men throw temper tantrums and do their best to destroy all you've worked to build. Then these same people suddenly find ways to profit off of your hard work as if it's no big deal to them. It's unfortunate, but that's the nature of running a site like this. I envision cease & desist letters and lawsuits will follow for using the PT brand to profit.... might wanna rethink that strategy.

In any event... i've enjoyed the time out here with most of you. This site has a lot of potential and I hope it continues to do well. I'll continue to work with the new owners to ensure PT is the best site it can be and I doubt they'll put up with the BS for long so i'm sure everything will turn out just fine.

All the best,

CM

·
Still Kicking and Retired
2,524 Posts
Going to miss you. Sorry you had to put up with the whiners.

·
Super Moderator
23,178 Posts
Sadly, I knew this day was coming. Thanks for the friendship, memories, and good times !

Welcome to the new owner !

·
3,066 Posts
Thanks for all you've done Chris, met a lot of great people and made some friends. Congrats to the new owners, you've got a great site.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Like SG , I saw this coming and knew it wouldnt be long. But I feel the comment of someone trying to profit off of the PT brand was directed at me! Just for the record, I talked to Don about the PT calls and came up with a percentage of every call to be donated back to the site. The only other PT brand item I can think of is the decal and I am sure it wasnt directed at Don. I also talked to Don and stated I was going to keep the cost down around $25 for the calls, now if anyone thinks I am really making a big profit off of a $25 call their wrong. Most call makers on here sell their calls for more than that and then remember a percentage of that goes back to the site. If I really wanted to get down to the actual costs and include labor, material and shipping I could write off some as a loss. I ordered the pins and paid the setup fees out of my own pocket and all was intended to be able for all members to afford a PT Predator Call. I would like to know how the members feel about all of this and also how the new owners stand, If they have copyrights or a trademark registered on the PT logo please say so. I am also doing the same thing for another forum and the owner stated he had its logo copyrighted but gave me permission to make the calls. So new owners please contact me and let me know how you stand on this matter, I have no idea if the logo is copyrighted and Don has never mentioned anything in our conversations through PMs.

Sorry Don, I am not trying to get you involved. its just I think and probably alot of the members do too, that you handle alot of the going ons with the site.

·
Old Guys Rule
7,736 Posts
Chris,

Thank you for starting a hunting site where I feel completely at home. I've been a prowler around other sites for many years, however, this was the first and last hunting site I've joined. My hat's off to you for your vision for Predator Talk. I've made many new acquaintances, what I hope to be friendships that last the rest of my life and I'm sure made some angry. My last hope is that you and your family keep chasing that dream and find the rainbow at the end.

Good luck Chris!

Mike

Reactions: youngdon

·
Old Guys Rule
7,736 Posts
Welcome to the new owner.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
No one should have "seen anything coming" because it wasn't coming. The decision wasn't made to sell the site until we decided to monetize the site and ran into a bunch of disruptive crybabies who felt entitled to free advertising. I didn't come this far to have this place turn into what every other forum is - I don't believe in chasing members around, deleting posts, and babysitting all day. That's what made PT different from the other sites.

Sorry guys but I am bailing out of this conversation because the whole situation frustrates me. I worked my tail off to make this site into something great and all I wanted to do was cover my costs and some didn't even want that to happen. They're covered now though.... so no need to worry.

I appreciate all of the kind words over the years. I know you all will keep the place running the way we had it before. I think PT is a great site and has a great future with a group of people who have more time than I do and can give it the attention it deserves.

Perhaps my original post could have been a bit more graceful but since I am no longer associated with the site - I can speak my mind. :D

All the best.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have not been around long enough to know how all this transpired, but I really appreciate this site and the people on it that have passed on so much knowledge and laughs. It is a bummer to hear about some falling out among guys on here, and I hope guys don't walk away with bitterness. Like I said, I don't know what is going on under the surface, but I hope that this site doesn't turn south.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
I apologize to all PT members in advance !!!!

But I take offense at the comment

"bunch of disruptive crybabies who felt entitled to free advertising."

This statement has to be aimed at callmakers, because no other advertisers at the time were posting in the forum. I for one never whined about paying and a long time ago I contacted Chris to be a sponsor and he said he didnt want money and came up with calls for banners. I have PMs to support my sayings and really think that comment wasnt needed. A few months back I stated I was retiring and wouldnt be selling calls on here except for special sets or calls and thats been the case. If the PT calls are approved by the new owners I will be glad to still do them and if they think I am doing it for profit only I have another option. They pay for the wood, pins and shipping and I will donate all the labor to make them and they can be sold in the PT store.

Again I apologize if I am offending anyone in particular but certain statements were offending to me and I feel as a man I must stand up and speak!

·
Super Moderator
23,178 Posts
Let's not start now, we've built a good site. Let's keep it that way.

Let's keep this as a "Thank You and Good-Bye" to Chris for having the vision and patience to start and grow this site.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
good luck chris and thanks for the site

but i have to ask, in the ultimate poll contest you stated our info would not be shared,sold etc.

does that still hold true?

or will i be getting a bunch of emails trying to sell me crap i dont want or need now?

if so,then i am very sorry i ever shared my info

once again,thanks for the site and the good times

·
Super Moderator
23,178 Posts
SGB, I'm sure that the new owners will abide by that. I think the last thing they want is to irritate members and chase them off, ruining their investment.

Once again...could we please keep this to a "Thank You and Good-Bye" thread ?

22magnum...

Nothing...nothing at all. PT is still up and running, the members are still respectful of each other and all is well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Cool, gracias and adiós amigo. Wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

·
equal opportunity critter killer
3,317 Posts
Thanks for the site Chris, you did a great job of building it up and the members have done a good job of making this a welcoming environment. Welcome to the new owners.

Thanks to Don for the hard work you're involved in.

I look forward to a future that makes the change seamless.

Good luck with all you do Chris.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts