Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
11 Posts
Hey Chris,
i live in central mo lots of coyotes here and fresh snow make it great, i nailed a big coyote 20 mins ago in the field by my house shot him at 80 yds with the old faithful marlin bolt action 22 dropped him in his tracks. he must of had a bitch with him to because when i walked out to get him there were 2 sets of tracks she must have stayed behind the brush i never saw her. i dont know for sure but they may be starting to dog in my area, been seeing 2 at a time here lately. good luck songdog243

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice going man. You should post pics and the story to your hunting log if you get time. Love reading about that stuff.

I am in Wentzville, MO just about 40 miles west of St. Louis. About 3 hours from you I think. I don't have a ton of places to hunt around here. Really just public land, and my uncles 100 or so acre farm in Southwest MO (Douglas County).

Are you seeing a lot of mange out that way? This is my recent one.... taken from Whetstone at the 161 marker off of 70 there.

http://www.predatortalk.com/blogs/chris-miller/2-todays-hunt-one-mangy-coyote-down.html

·
30 Posts
I live in northwest missouri. lots of everything to hunt here as well. the hard part is finding somone to go hunting with. (for coyotes anyway)

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
t-man said:
I live in northwest missouri. lots of everything to hunt here as well. the hard part is finding somone to go hunting with. (for coyotes anyway)
Was just in Macon County a couple of weeks ago. 3 days of hunting and didn't put anything down
If you've got the places to hunt, i'll gladly go out with ya. Only going to be here for a couple more weeks before I move back to TX.

·
Die Hard Member
521 Posts
I live in Warrenton Missouri. Deer and Turkey seem pretty plentiful around here. I am not sure about the coyotes becuase I am just now trying to get into hunting some. If anyone wants to take a guy out hunting for yotes let me know. haha.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helmet_S said:
I live in Warrenton Missouri. Deer and Turkey seem pretty plentiful around here. I am not sure about the coyotes becuase I am just now trying to get into hunting some. If anyone wants to take a guy out hunting for yotes let me know. haha.
I'm not too far from you here in wentzville. Lived in warrenton last year off highway u. Lots of deer and turkey for sure. I took a small coyote further west at the whetstone conservation area. We use the range there for sighting in. Lots of coyote tracks but they are rather shy. Worth a try though!

·
116 Posts
New guy here.Just getting into coyote hunting.Hunted all my life just never got into coyotes.I'm also East of K.C. Hope to pick up some tips as I go, and look forward to talkin with you all.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
battman1 said:
New guy here.Just getting into coyote hunting.Hunted all my life just never got into coyotes.I'm also East of K.C. Hope to pick up some tips as I go, and look forward to talkin with you all.
Welcome to PT treedog and battman1. Proud to have you guys join the community here!

·
Super Moderator
23,268 Posts
We're glad you and treedog could join us. I think you'll like it here!

·
126 Posts
Hey John, good to see you here. We are going to add a sportmans swap to the calling contest free of charge. You'll have to bring calls up. Bill and I will have our calls and landyards there.

·
37 Posts
Chris I thought that was you. Glad to hear from you been mean'n to call ya. see how things were going. But I keep forgetting to.
Any rate I give you holler. Hey if you go over to customcalls.net you can see some of my work, I'll be putting some up on hear also.
John

·
126 Posts
John does make good looking calls. My husband and I have bought several from him.
John, you still need to send me pictures to put on the Calling Contest Site.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts