Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Everyone on the board needs to go to the poll and vote.

·
75 Posts
I just voted to no federal control. Open season and regulate them like other big game. I also feel if they are harming your cattle or worse you should be able to protect your property. Although I live in Tenn. if they were here I would want the same. I do beleive I had a red wolf come by my tree stand several bow seasons ago. It was way to big to be a coyote.

·
Super Moderator
12,159 Posts
hassell said:
Yes I voted though I live just across the border of Idaho, I have seen what the wolves can do to the game populations, if any of you can remember back in the mid. 80's onward up in north eastern British Columbia when they were doing the wolf hunts by air etc., was on world news,Greenpeace was in there thick as thieves, Paul Watson and his crew walked into this river drainage in the middle of winter, no supplies etc. and had to be rescued by the trappers, hunters and people who they were protesting against. I was living then in NW B.C and met a biologist and helicopter pilot who were involved in the shooting. They told me a story which happened a few days previous, they were having lunch on this bench over looking this valley when out came this mature bull moose with 5 wolves on its tail, well by the time it took for them to warm up the helicopter and get down to the area there were now 27 wolves on the moose, they shot 16 of them, landed. took there samples etc., about 2 yrs. after that the wolf populations were moving into my area cause they ate every thing over there, were causing me headaches on my trap line. there's more but I think I've rambled on enough, SO PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!
A follow up from when I posted this, the above mentioned area since the Wolf Kill is now producing record Elk and Moose Bulls, and they have reopened the Bison hunt, I think they killed over 2000 Wolves which was only 10% of the population.

·
Super Moderator
23,219 Posts
I've read several places that coyotes will produce litters in a direct correlation to the amount of food available. I wonder do the wolves do the same? I would suppose that they do, but I have not read of any conclusive research on it. Does anyone know about this?

·
Super Moderator
12,159 Posts
youngdon said:
I've read several places that coyotes will produce litters in a direct correlation to the amount of food available. I wonder do the wolves do the same? I would suppose that they do, but I have not read of any conclusive research on it. Does anyone know about this?
Yes your statement is partly right, the Wolf is the better pack hunter of all the predators, the coyote being next, as they are both very adaptable to their surroundings, if there's to many coyote in an area the fox will move out in order to survive, on down the food chain, what happens is when theirs to many Predators its to late to do anything , the game animals are close to being wiped out, I could give you lots of examples of scenarios of what happens when there's over populations of predators, the above story of our Wolf kill-- Remember it took over 20 yrs. for the game numbers to recover!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,159 Posts
Just before they started the Wolf Kill there was bumber stickers that everyone was putting on their vehicles cause they were tired of waiting for the game department to do something!!!

EAT MOOSE 25,000 WOLVES ARE !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts