Predator Hunting Forum banner

Outfitter Review: Tony Tebbe / Predator University

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  catcapper 
#1 ·
I recently went on a hunt with Tony Tebbe @ Predator University and thought it would be good to write a short review. In order of full disclosure, I would like to point out the following: This was a paid hunt. I paid full price like anyone else who might want to hunt with Tony. I'm also not being compensated in any way for writing this review. I am writing it because i've had bad experiences in the past, and thought it would be good to talk about a good experience. I really just hope this will help others.

I won't get into the whole hunt, you can read about that in my signature or hunting log. I am writing this little review to cover my experience with Tony Tebbe / Predator University. Below are a few of the points that I feel are important:

Quality of game sighted:

Of the predators that we called in, I would say none were highly educated, or had been called to before. If they had, then Tony did a good job of changing things up so that they came charging right in. Everything had good quality hides, and were free of disease. No complaints at all.

Quantity of game sighted:

The wind did us no favors on this trip, so I would say quantity of game was average considering the conditions. Over 5 very windy days we managed to call up 5 coyotes, 1 bobcat, 1 racoon, and also had a bit of fun with jackrabbits and prairie dogs. No complaints at all with the amount of game sighted.

Access to quality land:

There is no doubt that Tony has access to some great predator hunting land. We covered everything from thick Texas brush-land to wide open New Mexico desert, and rolling sand hills. Most of the land we hunted was prime predator country. In the 5 days there, we only ran into another predator hunter one time and that was while passing through public land on the way to other stands. We never had to setup at the same spot more than once, and never had to sit on stand for excessive periods of time. There was enough land access to keep us runnin' and gunnin' the entire time.

Quality of accommodations:

Tony & Predator University do not provide anything in the way of lodging. I stayed at various hotels depending on the location of our hunt. All were very affordable, and more than accommodating. Meals were my own responsibility but there was plenty of access to fast food, and various restaurants. I would say this is an ideal setup for myself. It allowed plenty of flexibility which I enjoy.

Experience of Guides:

Tony Tebbe was my guide the entire time, and it's pretty clear that he knows what he's doing when it comes to predator hunting. He not only guided me, but educated me along the way as well. For a guy like me who is new to it all , it was a great experience.

Overall value of hunt:

At the end of the day, $375 per day + lodging and meals seemed like a lot of cake to drop on a predator hunt, but I was happy with my decision. It's surely a lot cheaper than big game hunting with an outfitter, and it provides a LOT more entertainment and fun in my opinion. Plus, Tony doesn't stop until you say "uncle". I felt as though I got more than my money's worth when it was all over.

Overall Impression of the Hunt:

To sum it up in as few words as possible, I would say that my overall impression was a very positive one. I was able to choose my own pace, my own schedule, and my own lodging - all of which are important to me. I also felt like I was hunting with a friend, instead of with a company. Tony is very flexible, and goes above and beyond to meet the goals of your hunt. He goes so far above and beyond, that he can actually make you feel like you're taking advantage of him. That's just how he does things. There are no hours set, or deadlines to meet. Tony just goes with the flow, and focuses on meeting your personal goals.

I was very happy with the entire hunt and had a great time and learned a lot too. If you're considering hunting with Tony, I would gladly talk to you about my experience. PM me for my cell number...

See less See more
#2 ·
I am glad you had a nice and successful trip Chris ! To me....you sound very happy and satisfied...just the way it should be when you get home !

Glad to see you were prepared too....too often I have seen and heard of guys that are not...and then it becomes the guides responsiblity well..maybe not responsibility but good one will be prepared. When your rifle shots where it should, when you shotgun does not break down, when your reel has good line, when your waders do not leak, and you have the right clothing. You look like you had good camo, boots and I did not hear that you missed. Bet you where a good client.

Whats next on your list ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.