Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have opossum's coming into the call? For me it's always when running something high pitched for cats... like a bird or whatever.

I took out two more today while I was out calling.

opossum_1.jpg

Attachments

·
18 Posts
I just shot a opossum the other day and i was using a woodpecker sound with a turkey feather tied with fishing line 2 a coat hanger shoved in the ground as a decoy!

·
135 Posts
Never had possum come but i have had some nice bucks come, i figure it's a curiousity thing.

·
652 Posts
i have had a lot of deer come sniffing around when calling. i think they are just curious. i had a doe come in once investigating my calls, little did she know she was actually walking right to my electronic call, so i waited till she was about 5 yards from the electronic call and let her rip. that poor doe got so scared and bugged out of there so fast i wouldn't doubt if she left a nice pile of cocoa puffs behind.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
No possums. Did call in a doe once while calling with a fawn distress. She was mighty upset about all the commotion and came running into the CRP field I was calling in. She came in so fast we wound up eyeball to eyeball and both of us had nearly had a minor stroke.

·
36 Posts
I went calling yesterday and i had a woodchuck or groundhog come running right into my call. Woodchucks only eat veg. so i have no idea why it came in, maybe curiosity? There is no closed season so i shot it but there wasnt much left to it so couldnt even bring it home for some woodchuck soup.
Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
7 Posts
Ive had deer,possums,raccoon,cows,hawks,owls,crows and other hunters as well. Sometimes I get a coyote and only once a red fox. That's the joy of calling, you never know what you'll get.

·
Die Hard Member
3,652 Posts
Hi there---never called an possum but many fisher and martin also long tail weasel have came to the speaker looking for a snack--plus a young lady and a army sargent---call to them and they come

·
Die Hard Member
2,324 Posts
I have mostly called in moose and raven. The first moose came in and when it got to about 25 yards I switched to yote howl and it took off fast. It moved down wind and when I moved and it saw us it booked out of the area. Another time we called in three moose and they came in behind us and we did not even know they had been there until we were leaving and saw there tracks cross our in the snow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts