Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13 Posts
I just joined this site and also call New Mexico home. Grew up around T. or C. and call Mimbres home now. Had fun calling dogs in at both places.

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was up at Navajo Dam calling a couple of weeks ago. A lot of snow. Went down south to Magdalena this past Sunday but too much wind and rain.

·
13 Posts
Yeah we had a lot of wind and rain to. Was able to make three stands before the wind got to bad, only called one dog that day. I've been wanting to try hunting around Magdalena and Datil myself, but haven't made it over. Looks like a lot of good places to make stands, just not sure what kind of hunting pressure there has been there. You using an electronic caller, mouth calls, or both?

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was using both but didn't see anything. I've seen quite a few in that part of the state but I don't know how much pressure they get.

·
13 Posts
I use both as well, but prefer the mouth calls. Also started using a decoy recently. I have seen some of the coyotes focus on it, but still wonder how many might see me as i'm setting it up. As far as hunting pressure i think a lot more people have started to realize how fun coyote hunting is and the pressure will keep getting stronger everywhere. I am always looking for new places and private ranches that haven't had much pressure, but the challenge of getting call shy coyotes in can be fun too. Have you ever hunted around Taos or Angel Fire? I've wondered about hunting that area, but don't know much about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined the site. Spent a year in Albuquerque and just recently moved to Clovis. Can't wait to get out and start shooting.

·
Super Moderator
23,220 Posts
Welcome to the forum jl406.

Hook up with Ruger, He'll put you on some game !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts