Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to say hello to everyone. Heres a few pics from the past two trips out. We made a total of 4 stands and managed to kill and film all 6 of these guys. Cat numbers 17 through 22

The cats have been really moving for us this year and I think we are going to have to start giving a few of them a free pass or two, lol

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I am startn to feel a little guilty, lol. Yeah we are gona start lettin'em walk if they are either too small or dont get within 20 yds or so. There are 2 cats on the bottom pic that actually came to the call and showed up together. We have killed 2 cats on the same stand several times but never had 2 show up less than 10 feet apart and manage to get both of'em. It was incredible!!!

·
49 Posts
Congrats man, Cats are very few and far between around my woods in ky. Good dog numbers though.

·
13 Posts
Excellent shooting. Which call worked best? No season in my back yard. Planning trip next month to catskills,very rare, but do have season.

·
325 Posts
Awesome job on those cats, very Nice ! Is that the psycho tweety around your neck? Ive got one and it works like magic with the cats !! Also, is that the Burnham Brothers Compucaller III ? Never used one but heard many good things about them.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, as far as any type of advertising or details about us or the video, that would be issues that would need to be talked about through the moderators of this site for various spamming reasons. I wish I could answer your question Duane @ ssu, but I dont want to step on anyones toes. Mabye in the near future we might be able to discuss these topics on the open forum.

Phil as far as the best calls, we have a ton of different hand calls that we use all the time. Probly the go to sounds on cats for an e-caller would undoubtably be the burnham brothers Cottentail Duet or the Yellowhammer Woodpecker. Bar none these 2 sounds are some of the best cat sounds ever played through a call for bobcat. We use alot of hand calls and the one call that that we'll use the most is a kerry Carver call " rabbid rabbit". All of Kerry's calls have an incredibly realistic sound and are super easy to blow for a long period of time. They are open reed calls with a huge variety of sounds that can be produced with very little effort which is a plus for me cause I tend to run out of breath pretty easily. Yes I do have a "tweety" on my lanyard but I have not been very impressed with this call at all. Sorry Rick! The call requires a ton of air to be blown through it to make the best sounds with it. After about 5 minutes worth of calling with it I am completely worn out. This isnt a call that can be used repeatedly all night without having a major headache. The call makes a nasty sound that sounds great when it is blown, but thats not the only aspect of a call that is important to me. Custom calls have custom sounds that are individual to each particular call. That is what I love so much about a custom call is that you will get an individual sound with each different call unlike having a call that sounds the same as all the other production calls that everyone else is using. As far as the to custom call makers I would reccomend they would have to be Carver calls, or a guy by the name of TJ Shockler. Check them out. Yes that is a compucallr III. I have had them all, and this is the most reliable call I have ever owned. Hope I have answered everyones questions. Chris

·
Administrator
228 Posts
Chris,

You're free to discuss the details of your video. We're all in this together, and i'm sure the guys would love to know what's up with it.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Chris, thats "standup" of you to let him discuss his video.
Also "stand up" of him not to until he got the "OK".
"character is everything", and in a few days I'm seeing alot of it here.

·
3 Posts
Very nice! Are you hunting public or private? Not asking not asking where, just for my own interest. I hunt both, in N.TX, W.TX.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All of our country is privately owned and has taken us around 15 years to aquire. We have hunted public land around here with very little success. There are good tracks of public hunting grounds, but they are typically huge areas like in New Mexico and places like that. Around here most of the public land is in smaller plost and get hammered by a lot of other hunters. Private land isnt easily aquired, however there is a major advantage to having confidence you are hunting unpressured coyotes. Anymore alot of our private land is being hunted by other guys and we have to constantly keep changing things up to get responses.

·
72 Posts
Great job man! Beautiful cats. Dont have many around here so never even got to see one. I know where there is two around and would love to get a chance to call there sometime. One guys i related to me so i might have a good chance at getting to hunt there.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the four stands we made, we had one coyote show up straight down wind and busted us. Around here the cat hides fully tanned are going for anywere from 75 to 120 bucks for a real good one. We were targeting cats and we werent let down by any means.

·
652 Posts
no i would say i wouldn't feel let down a bit. very nice man. a lot of people are happy just to get a glimpse of em once in their life. i have never even seen one. we don't have em around here

·
85 Posts
I was watching Pred Nation and host Fred Eickler states that Bobcats are very tasty, have you ever tried cooking them? I hav'nt got one YET, but will try it, I also heard the Cougar is fine table fare.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts