Predator Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Just a member...
6,793 Posts
Mark, I am sure you have to send it overnight and it has to be certified mail. I think it was around a $80 or more. If you can't get it to shoot straight let Cabelas send it back.

Hey Sneakygroundbuzzard

Tim, if you buy a used Ruger make sure it has both cylinders, I made the mistake of buying one that was missing a cylinder and I thought it wouldn't cost much to buy another one...well turns out you have to send them the pistol federal express overnight, they have to time the cylinder to the pistol... It would have cost me the same as buying a new one. $300 for the pistol + $80 for shipping + the cost of the new cylinder.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Wonder why Ruger says it has to be overnight. I sent my new Henry in and they just sent me a shipping label , via email. and I took it to UPS and it was delivered back, right to my door.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Well a quick call to Cabela's and they said their warranty only covers function of the weapon(shooting and cycling the rounds). Lame. He suggested I contact Ruger and he said they have been known to send shipping labels for a cost free return to fix the issue.

Anywho...I took the revolver out again today and put the bullseye on top of my sights as Glen suggested. Was still 3.5" high at 25 yards.

I made some fake shims out of plastic solo cup(fancy, I know!) and sent a series of six rounds downrange at 10 & 25 yards. Way closer but I'd still like it to come down a hair more. Still an inch or so above the 1/2" bullseye. The groups were only about 1 1/2 across which I'm super pleased with from those distances!

Either way if I can shim it with some copper or aluminum sheeting then I think I'll be happy with it. I obviously can't leave the plastic against the barrel due to heat issues.

- Mark
d10f3a44602fcefeefc5f28bc1487c0d.jpg
07987e86ee8d95a9a7208135ab70acc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
I had an issue with a Ruger rifle leaving a scratch on ejected brass. When I called them they send me a shipping label for UPS. I had to take it to a UPS hub as the regular UPS stores were not allowed to take it. It cost me nothing, they shipped it back for free after polishing the chamber.

Customer Service - Newport, NH
Service inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols and all Rifles except SR-556, SR-762, AR-556, Ruger American Rimfire and PC4/PC9 Carbines.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department

411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 603-863-6165

(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had an issue with a Ruger rifle leaving a scratch on ejected brass. When I called them they send me a shipping label for UPS. I had to take it to a UPS hub as the regular UPS stores were not allowed to take it. It cost me nothing, they shipped it back for free after polishing the chamber.

Customer Service - Newport, NHService inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols and all Rifles except SR-556, SR-762, AR-556, Ruger American Rimfire and PC4/PC9 Carbines.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department

411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773
Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 603-863-6165
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)
Thanks for the info Don.

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Anytime my friend. Let me know if I can be of help in any way.

Reactions: Mark Steinmann

·
American Longrifle
642 Posts
Let us know what you find out. I had a single six in .22lr years ago that did something close to this. I ended up taking it to a smith and he in turn worked on the front sight so that I could engage targets at my desired distance which was 25 yards. The front sight was too high for the revolver at that distance from the factory. Maybe you have something like that going on?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Let us know what you find out. I had a single six in .22lr years ago that did something close to this. I ended up taking it to a smith and he in turn worked on the front sight so that I could engage targets at my desired distance which was 25 yards. The front sight was too high for the revolver at that distance from the factory. Maybe you have something like that going on?
Interesting. It seems like my front sight is too low as when I shim it up it gets closer to what I want.

It also might be an issue with the rear sight instead. It seems to me that the screw is bottoming out and ceasing before the blade is at its maximum downward position. Perhaps just taking the screw down a couple threads would allow that rear sight to lower enough.

I'll definitely report the final findings here...

- Mark

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
They would I'm sure, their customer service was excellent. I was surprised that I had it back in about 12 days with the full explanation of what they did. I believe Mark is taking a positive step by learning what the issue is before sending it in. It may be the hole is to shallow or not threaded to the bottom. Try putting something ( a small flat washer)between the screw head and the Blade and see if it goes father down or just push on it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
They would I'm sure, their customer service was excellent. I was surprised that I had it back in about 12 days with the full explanation of what they did. I believe Mark is taking a positive step by learning what the issue is before sending it in. It may be the hole is to shallow or not threaded to the bottom. Try putting something ( a small flat washer)between the screw head and the Blade and see if it goes father down or just push on it.
Yes the blade still will go down 1/8 inch or so. I believe the hole simply didn't get tapped quite deep enough to allow for full adjustment.

- Mark

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
So the hole is deep enough but the threads don't go down all the way?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So the hole is deep enough but the threads don't go down all the way?
Yes as far as I can tell, that is the case. The hole goes all the way through the frame above the cylinder. When I screw it until it gets tight the bottom of the screw is still a ways from the bottom of the hole.

- Mark

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Yes as far as I can tell, that is the case. The hole goes all the way through the frame above the cylinder. When I screw it until it gets tight the bottom of the screw is still a ways from the bottom of the hole.

- Mark

Has this been corrected Mark ? It sounds like they just missed running a bottom tap in it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Haha I have not contacted them about the issue yet. Waiting until hunting season is over.

- Mark

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
now that is smart, lol

I have an issue with my new 935 Mossberg, shoots about 9 inches to the left with all shells I have tried. Now that duck and goose is over it will be sent in.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts