Predator Hunting Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Too kind Glen , I am a lucky man to have all my grandkids and family so close and able to share the outdoors with them .

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Funny how stories come out in a small community...turns out a certain guy has been snaring this new area and he has no license or permission to be there ..when confronted he said no one else is going in ...he was told I would be in there with a licence " and written permission " .. end of discussion... I don't need confrontation or trouble so I hope we dont have either, so our trail cameras will go up and hopefully nothing will happen ....good thing is we will know where to look if anything does happen . Other than him it sounds like the rest of the neighbor's are glad we are coming.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Almost ready to go ..got my footholds adjusted , shock springs installed ,longer chains and a fresh coat of paint ..gonna be ready this year

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nope , double spring with 4 coils underneath...quite a task to set. But I was surprised , all the dogs I have taken in them ,5 so far ,I could have released with very little harm to their foot ..double laminated jaws ,offset about 3/8".

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good luck, Cam. I pity that scofflaw if he keeps it up.

Still can't use those here. Gave all my footholds away plus the cable restraints (snares). Done with the stupid rules. Bullets or nothing now.

Good luck, Cam. That scofflaw should have gotten the message and, if he has any sense, he'll take his game on the road.

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
How’d I get so far behind ??
I’m sure the guy knows that your message that you’re licensed and have permission is the end of that property for him.

Reactions: C2C

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Good luck, Cam. I pity that scofflaw if he keeps it up.

Still can't use those here. Gave all my footholds away plus the cable restraints (snares). Done with the stupid rules. Bullets or nothing now.

Good luck, Cam. That scofflaw should have gotten the message and, if he has any sense, he'll take his game on the road.
Haha, I dont want to cause trouble or be the center of it ..the troublemaker happens to be my son in laws(Clay) cousin ,no love lost between them ..his brother however is good friends with Clay and wished us all the best ... says he has snared before and yes, we will catch bears ...no need to qorry tho cause he says the snares cant hold em and they break out and get away, make a heck of a mess in the meantime tho .

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Looking good I need to get my stuff around and see if anything needs to be done as I took the year off last year and I don’t remember what needs to be fixed or redipped I know I have a raccoon problem again as that is a never ending fight and I know I’ve got at least one pair of coyotes that had pups so I’ve got fur around

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Good idea John ,get back in the game buddy ...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well I had an interesting phone call last night at 10 the fellow that allows me to snare coyote on his property says they have a potential wolfkill of a cow in neighbouring grazing Reserve
... so after supper my son and I are going out to investigate and taking the howler I got from Pokey see if we can make it work some magic..

21 - 35 of 35 Posts