Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at many adds for decoys. What is the best? The places I hunt are mostly small fields surrounded by heavily wooded areas.

·
99 Posts
I found a cat toy package at walmart for $2. Gonna plastic tie it to a stick and scent it uo ans use a string to make it move. Just a little project. I also have a Quiver Critter that I enjoy using.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mjllag said:
Jeff - I use a turkey feather tied to a stick. This gets their attention and the price is right.
Does this really work, or is this a "mess with the newby" trick?

·
79 Posts
Jeff,
I would not intentionally give bad advice. An older hunter who has taght me quite a bit showed me the turkey feather decoy 20 years ago. It does work.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Jeff said:
Does this really work, or is this a "mess with the newby" trick?
Not a trick Jeff. Try the turkey feather and see if a nearby coyote won't lock in on it. Now if that won't work for you, try tethering a three toed ridge runner close to your call. (OK, that was a trick!)

·
111 Posts
i made the weasel ball decoy and the only thing i didn't like was the amount of noise the motor produced.really though anything that causes movement can be used.i do like and use the mojo critter.i have been eyeballing a pred enticer though.

·
26 Posts
The feather works but it especially draws in cats. The cats key in on movement more so than sound. Or so i am told. I'm going to try the weasel ball or whatever it's called.

·
111 Posts
rile if you have a cracker barrell close they have them there. a friend of mine built one with a piece of 2x6 a dowel rod a spring and the ball.i bulit mine on a metal rod.like his idea better as it is easier to use in fozen ground.in his pack he carries different length dowel rods.

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
I have found that the stop and start action of my MOJO makes them more curious. One of these days I may invest in a foxpro as I can control it from my remote.

·
45 Posts
I use a motorized cat toy i found at petsmart it was alerdy brown and it came with a remote to turn it on and off.It alerdy had the stick and feather with it it flicks the feathers around.I used a rabbit pelt to place over the base and this thing is awesome.It was like it was made to hunt predators.It only cost me about 20 bucks.Great Deal

·
26 Posts
I never thought of Cracker Barrel. I have one about 35 miles from my house. Next time i am over there I will check.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts