Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The King of Sausage!!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to site but the more I read the memories come flooding back from years gone by.Hunting cats on Sunday mornings with my Dads freinds and his son who was my age. Listening to the dogs run, the anticipation of walking(running to the tree) to see what we had. Back then we would squall the cats or raccoons out and have dog fights with 1 or 2 older dogs and pups for training. My Dad 35 mm. films with cats hanging on every fence post as far as you cant see(15 to 20 post) I have fallen out of trees got lost in the woods with family that grew up in that area all their lives and never seen this road before in their entire life only to find the truck around the next bend or over the next hill. I fell in to creeks , been covered head to toe in mud, holding hounds by the collers with leases in my mouth trying to keep from being dragged into the creek or allowing a dog to get drowned by the big old ridge raccoon thats in the creek, lost in a white out snow storm carrying 3 or 4 raccoons because the dogs were on another hot trail,being chased out frompeoples yards where the dogs treed and was only trying to pull the dogs off the trees, sweated till I thought I would die froze to where I couldnt feel my toes or hands been excited as could be mad because we werent going home and so many more thoughts and feeling than I can exspress. So I guess to those who wonder where I going.Only those who have been there would understand.When you wonder about taking your young-uns along would want them to feel this way 1 day. I am ramblin but really enjoying this moment. Thanks to all who've asked questions or shared their stories. I hope any input I have given through my responses have helped if not I will still respond any way because thats how I am maybe its not for you but for myself. Boy that sounds wrong. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Looking forward to creating some memories myself. I am fairly new to it all so I am still working on it, but every time I go out there is a new experience. I'll take em any way I can get em.

I also appreciate you, and all the other guys who have taken the time to share around here. I learn a lot faster out on these forums than I do out in the field, and it's not nearly as painful this way.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Ditto Bigdrowdy1. I sure do miss my lion dogs

·
Banned
68 Posts
I would like to thank all the "Big Rowdies, and "Catcappers" In my life , they put the fire in my britches, 25 years ago,that allows me to do what I do now. I have the utmost respect and gratitude to all of you, my uncles, and my Grandad. You all paved the way for us, I just hope I get the chance to pass it along. Duane.
THIS ONE IS FOR YOU.

·
8 Posts
I would like to thank all the "Big Rowdies, and "Catcappers" In my life , they put the fire in my britches, 25 years ago,that allows me to do what I do now. I have the utmost respect and gratitude to all of you, my uncles, and my Grandad. You all paved the way for us, I just hope I get the chance to pass it along. Duane.
THIS ONE IS FOR YOU.
Nice pic! Congrats! The spotted dogs resemble one of my dogs, which is an English Coonhound. What breed are they? Just curious.

·
Banned
68 Posts
They are "cat dogs", not being smart, but we have no use for paper. Good eye though, there is some red english, some cur, and even alittle redbone in the two red dogs. The brindle is a walker kemmer cur cross. Just a side note the Brindle was the dam to my last litter of yote dogs crossed with a catahoulla stud, and I will be doing that cross again as soon as she comes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts