Predator Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Can hunt at night in Michigan. Can't from vehicle, onlly on private lands .22cal rifle or handgun or shotgun with loads other than buckshot and bow and arrow. Lights have to be portable.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Thanks for everyones input, Here is a list of the states that have yet to get mentioned. Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and unless anyone has called any coyotes in Hawai recently, then Hawai, lol. Let me know if anyone has any info for these states. Thanks Chris

Chris,I didn't see Colorado in any of the posts. On private land, artificial light is allowed with permission of the land owner or agent---On public land, with permit from local district or area wildlife manager. No hunting from vehicles.

It is legal to hunt at night in Indiana. There is no restrictions on lights or weapons, but you cannot shoot from a motorized vehicle. If you have written permission from the land owner, you can hunt coyotes year round.

In alaska you can hunt a night with a light if you are trapping and only from Nov. 1 to Mar 30. No night vision or other stuff can be used at any other time and not on a sport hunting lisence. I Just found that out in the last reading of the trapping regs. so I missed the best time to hunt at night.

MISSISSIPPI
LEGAL GAME

Raccoon, fox, opossum, beaver, and bobcats may be legally hunted at night, with or without the use of a light, and with dogs, except during the spring turkey season. The hunting of predatory animals shall be restricted to the open seasons for hunting any game animal or bird, using only the firearms, ammunition, primitive weapon or archery equipment legal for use during that open season. Landowners, agricultural leaseholders or their designated agents may take predatory animals year-round on lands owned or leased by them. For legal deer see "Hunting Deer" for legal sizes and bag limits.

A nuisance permit allows landowners, agricultural leaseholders, or their designated agents to take only nuisance animals (nutria, beaver, fox, skunks, wild hogs and coyotes) on permitted property any time day or night without weapons restrictions from October 1, 2007 through February 29, 2008 All other animals hunted or taken on said property must be done in accordance with Mississippi Statute or Commission regulations.

HOPE THIS HELPS FOR MISSISSIPPI. OR GO TO: http://home.mdwfp.com/WMA/Default.aspx AND CLICK ON NUISANCE ANIMALS

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Ok guys, I am still missing Connecticut, Alabama, Delware, Florida, Idaho, New Jersey, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia. These are the only states that I am having a hard time finding any info about night hunting. Let me know thanks Chris

Night hunting is allowed in Virginia. There are different rules depending on the County your hunting in but most are year round on private land. Many WMAs are only during a regular season and centerfire vs. rimfire depends on the County. If you like to explore different areas like I do, you better check the current regs close before you go. Game Wardens won't have much patience for ignorance of the law. Better have that written permission too.

In West Virginia coyote hunting with a red or amber colored artificial light is permitted between January 1, 2010 and July 31, 2010. Firearms are restricted to rimfire rifles or pistols of .22 caliber or smaller and shotguns with No. 4 or smaller shot.I found this info on the West Virginia wild game site.I figured they would have less restrictions.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Smoking Joe, it actualy is posible to hunt at night in oklahoma, you just have to have a special permit from the game warden and the landowner. You may only use 6 shot, thats rite 6 shot in a shotgun and no rifles. This is for coyotes only. Those are about the dumbest regulations I have ever heard, but if one really wanted to give it a try, I guess they could make it work with a little effort. All I have to say is you better be huntn close!!! Check it out. Chris

I don't know how that goes in Minnesota? Anyone know? If not, I'll check it out with a game warden this week and get back with a reply. My son is in firearm safety training and the warden is coming to visit this Thursday evening. Anybody in Minnesota got any other hunting questions, I'll get answers for them too. Please just PM me. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.